No announcement yet.

Kids & Vacation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t have a kid at vacationing age(she is 3mo) but I will say this…

I remember and cherish all the family vacations I went on with my parents. From our yearly New Braunfels trips staying at The Other Place on the comal, to colorado, Cancun, Disney… the memories are key.

I realize everyone is different but even if it’s shorter stateside long weekend trips, take the kids. Maybe You and the wife can get away to Mexico or something on a adults vacation once a year as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
      Take the kids!!!

Turning around your wife's statement...you adults can take a vacation alone after there are grown.
      Agree, we always took our boy somewhere each spring break and usually once in the summer. He’s 26 now and we don’t go as much.

Comment

We took “get aways” just us for a weekend but big trips we have taken the kids on. I agree about creating memories. We don’t get to travel much since we own a business but I do t like anyone more than I like
        My kids. They are all out of the house and we are meeting in Port A next month-of course on Mom and I. But her and I are starting to travel with out them more. Canada fly fishing in September and somewhere for momma in December.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleepy View Post
          This is my wife. She’s a homemaker. I think that has something to do with it. Midway through the summer she’s having a midlife crisis if we don’t get away.
          Same.

Comment

Kids & Vacation Poll

When our son was small, we did a few trips without him to relax. As soon as he got old enough, trips became mostly about him. Now he’s 11 and loves to road trip! I imagine as he gets older he’ll have less and less use for us, so we don’t miss a chance to go on adventures with him!

Sometimes I go do things without them, sometimes my wife goes on trips without us, occasionally she and I get away without him…but at his age, we are all together a lot.

Our weekends are some variation or mixture of baseball, hunting, fishing, camping, skiing, or road tripping….with VERY few exceptions. I bet we don’t spend 10 weekends a year at home.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Last edited by Dale Moser; 07-25-2022, 04:05 PM.

Comment

Every trip so far has been as a family. I feel guilty dropping off responsibility on my parents. One day we he doesn't require as much attention, sure, we will do some 3 to 4 day trips just wife and me. But until then it wouldn't feel right. And even when he is old enough, we will still take him out with us. I guess just depends on if we need alone time or not.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                You can’t take a family vacation without the family
                This.

My parents may have went on one vacation without us growing up and we still all cherish the memories we made and the places we have seen. We have never ditched the kids taking a vacation and can't imagine leaving him behind with him missing out on all the new experiences. We still go on family vacations with my parents and I'm 36. Family is everything

Comment

My wife and I have a 16 year old son. We have taken two vacations without him and that was because I was already there for work so she fly out and we took a few extra days. One was Disney World and the other San Diego. our son was to young to go to either.

Comment

Just remember who is going to choose which nursing home you will be put into.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                      Take the kids!!!

Turning around your wife's statement...you adults can take a vacation alone after there are grown.
                      You forgot to say “Good Grief “

Comment

Kids grow up fast and trips are a great way to make memories. I still remember the trips my parents took myself and sisters. Places like the Guad/Comal in New Braunfels, Disney, Florida beaches, State parkets, etc. I get not necessarily wanting to jump on a plane, but all of those places were drivable.

I also understand the need for some balance and a healthy relationship with ones spouse and wanting to "get away" from time to time. There's absolutely nothing wrong with that.

To me, the hardest times for trips seem to be when the kids are young. The younger kids require a certain level of attention, especially the baby/toddler ages and that really limits activities, travel distance, etc. The wife and I have taken a couple of those and halfway through were wishing the grandparents were around to help out.

Comment

18, 13, and 7 and they always go with us, one day they won’t. Wife and I will have “date nights” but not more then one night away from home.

Comment

We did not take many vacations before children. Too busy workin! But when the kids got into sports we started traveling for sports, tournaments. Tournament vacations usually included a few days before and/or after the tournaments. Lotsa good times were had. And we took them on just vacations too but those times were few and far between. Glad we had those experiences together.

Comment

I feel like my kids have a vacation every weekend….We maybe spend 1 weekend a month at home.

We’ll have 3 or 4 “vacations” this year and the kids will be with us on all but 1

Comment

Take um ! Look at all the memories that wasn't made. Your wife say they need to pay for it . My gosh i still subsidize

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X