No announcement yet.

Kids & Vacation Poll

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What I don`t understand is why so many people with HS age kids. Take their kids boyfriends and girlfriends on the family vacation. I would never do that.

Comment

Balanceā€¦

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I can go out to eat with friends on a Saturday night or go for a day to Dallas with friends and hang out with no kids, but if I’m going for a extended period over for just the day I’m taking my kids!! Can’t stand being without them and most exciting experiences I have they’re the first ones I wish could have been there with me.

Comment

I get not taking the kids for a long weekend or such and time away; but I'm dang sure making efforts to spend time away from typical everyday life with my kids on a "vacation".

That being said, taking kids isn't a vacation, it's a trip, and lots of work, and a lot of the time not enjoyable (mine are pretty young, it'll get much better). However, it's memories and bonding that the kids will one day, hopefully, appreciate. Especially if you tailor the type of trip to something they like and want to do.

Comment

I’m taking my kids majority of the time. My wife is a stay at home mom and still wants them to go with us. I understand alone time but vacations are tons of fun with the kids. This is assuming a real vacation and not just a weekend away. Our kids are good kids 99% of the time though so that helps as well.
            Last edited by bphillips; 07-25-2022, 03:13 PM.

Comment

Teach the kids how to travel. We take our kids on vacations since they were young and they are great travelers now at 19, 16 & 15. We just spend two weeks in Colorado and I value that time more and more. I get that it is a ton of work when they are young but it pays off. Admittedly, I used to dread ski trips because I was the mule, lugging gear all over etc. but now my kids are so self sufficient and confident on a trip. We also have adult only trips but I really love the kids trips now!

Comment

Wow. I am ā€œslacked jawed ā€œhere.

We would never consider a real vacation without my kids.
                At 23 & 27 they still went with us this year.
                We loved being around our young kids outside of the normal grind.

Comment

If you wait until they are old enough to pay for it, they won't. Why would they want to spend their money to be with you when that has not been the role model?

Comment

What is a vacation? Office, house, deer lease....that's it for us.

Comment

We just got back from the Bahamas with our kids! Love having them there and creating the memories. We do an adult only trip 1 time per year. The rest are with our kids.

Comment

You can’t take a family vacation without the family

Comment

We take the kids, but we call that a "trip" not a "vacation". We will go on some trips with just she and I and maybe some friends (no kids) and we call that a vacation.

That being said; while the kids tire us out; wouldn't change it. As others have said it is an experience for them and one day they may not want, or be able, to go with us.

Comment

wow. just got back from 8 days in Costa Rica with 3 kids(9, 14, 16). It was an awesome time and something I never got to experience with my parents. We never went on a single family vacation anywhere bc we were dirt poor. Them my dad died when I was 15 and all the memories I have of him are basically of him working.

Having said that, my wife and daughter and me and my 2 boys generally have much different views of what kinds of trips we want to do. We do a lot of shorter boys and girls trips than we do whole family vacations that is for sure.

Comment

Most of our vacations revolve around our girls and I wouldn't have it any other way. They are only kids for so long, soon they won't care about hanging out with mom and dad.

We take a few 1-2 night trips alone but otherwise they are with us.

Comment

We've always taken a family vacation with the kids. Some of our kids' best memories are on trips we've taken. We also try to get away without them at least once a year where we can enjoy each other and not worry about entertaining kids. Now, they are all grown and the last ones are moving to college. We'll take a lot more trips just the two of us now, where we'll talk about how much fun it was to take our kids places.

Comment

Working...
                                X