• Show
Clear All

Kansas spot and stalk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

My son Tripp

Comment

My sister’s deer after dragging it out of the brush, just had to get a pic with that sunrise.

Comment

Since I font hardly shoot deer anymore, I'll just post a picture of an Epic fishing trip beat down in 2021...

Sent from my SM-N981U using Tapatalk

Comment

Love seeing all these pics and stories...good stuff! Does fish hunting count? My son and I had a great trip to NW Arkansas and caught some rainbows. Also, one of my two doe kills...this one was from our property where we live.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	Jake - trout.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	134.3 KB
ID:	24687770

Name:	Doe.jpg
Size:	156.0 KB
ID:	24687771

Comment

Lots of good hunts with a pile of critters last season but my favorite hunting day from 2021 was the first day I hunted. Teal opener was incredible. The pond was loaded with big ducks early and then when the teal came, it was in big groups that did it right. Been on a lot of hunts where we killed them faster, but everything happened just right on that hunt. Lots of birds that did it right, great group of guys, big rainouts, and we killed all 3 flavors. Fun hunt.

A few hours later we had the craziest dove hunt I’ve ever been on. You could pick your shot depending on where you wanted to bird to fall. Thousands of birds that flew for hours. I killed my birds quick and went and sat on the tailgate to drink beer in the shade. Shuffled through my birds about an hour later and realized I had a band in there.

Last pic was one of my most enjoyable duck hunts of the year. Just my brother, my dog, and I in a quiet creek. Gentleman’s hunt where we took turns shooting and picked out only drakes. Fun morning.
              Attached Files

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post

I very seldom pick up a rifle to hunt with. My dad passed away in June of 2021. Prior to passing, he gave me his rifle I used it shoot my first deer with which was a doe. I decided to use that rifle last year to take one of my 2 does last November. Deer activity was nearly nonexistant and I was beginning to wonder if it was going to happen for me as it was the last evening of doe season. I sat in the blind for several hours reliving all of the good times we had hunting and fishing together. It was a special evening.

So many great stories in this thread. Love this one...I have my grandpa's old Marlin 30-30, that he gave me when I was about 12. It is my #1 go-to, if I'm not bow hunting. Very special gun and all shots from it are 100% kills. I also got his Remington 270 after he passed. I cherish both and the memories.

Comment

Pic from my Colorado elk hunt. I ended up taking my first bull with a bow just over one of the rises in the background of this photo. I spotted him from the rise I'm sitting on (little over 1 mile away). Stalked in, put the herd to bed, stalked closer and called him into 20 yards. What a rush!!

Name:	2021-09-20 07.31.54 (Medium).jpg
Size:	263.2 KB
ID:	24687776

2nd bull elk, 1st with a bow. 282"

Name:	2021-09-29 13.51.22 (Medium).jpg
Views:	2
Size:	320.5 KB
ID:	24687777

Comment

Name:	Resized_20211122_163826(4).jpg
Size:	197.3 KB
ID:	24687778

Name:	Resized_20211123_090534(6).jpg
Size:	221.0 KB
ID:	24687779

Name:	Resized_20211121_080312(1).jpg
Size:	225.2 KB
ID:	24687780

Name:	Resized_20211120_164538(1).jpg
Size:	192.5 KB
ID:	24687781

My kiddos deer from last year. Great memories!!!! I couldn't decide which was my favorite so I put them all in there.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Enjoyed this thread so far!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BradBryant1000 View Post
                          Enjoyed this thread so far!!!

X2. Keep’em coming, hunting season isn’t that far away!

Comment

Best thread in a long dang time.

Keep em coming.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Fishndude and I on a lone pivot drainage pond out in the middle of Panhandle Nowhere, TX. One of my favorite spots to bird hunt when there is water. Zoom in to see him..

Name:	IMG_6375.jpg
Size:	165.0 KB
ID:	24687795

The mourning dove were thick and we were done with a quick limit....plus some bonus pigeon.

Name:	3F649F06-22E1-4F4D-96D0-4947721808A7.JPG
Size:	200.2 KB
ID:	24687794

Comment

Dang it, I goobered this one up. Hopefully the edit works right.

Long story made short, I got stuck up a creek on this hunt, with the wind keeping me from paddling back across the lake. So I went squirrel killing, and only called it off when I sent an arrow into orbit. I really should have known better, but I was feeling cocky with two squirrels in the bag already.

[ATTACH]1095846[/ATTACH]
                                Last edited by Trumpkin; 07-21-2022, 04:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X