No announcement yet.

Stand and fill feeder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a asf 300 lb stand and fill that has survived aoudad for 6 years and still going strong

Comment

And there is something to be said for a stand and fill you can dump the bag of corn off your tailgate into the bin versus having to pick up and hold over your shoulder and push over into the ""stand and fill"..

Comment

Originally posted by dc1986 View Post
        Lamco should pay you to be a spokesman.

If they wanna pay me I’d take it. The OP asked which one was the best so I answered him.

Ranch King, Greengo, ASF, are all good feeders. I’ve had them all or had hunting buddies with them. Out of all those mentioned ASF would be last on that list. It’s not a knock against it. Lots of folks recommend ASF because that’s what they have. It’s not as well built as some of the others. The one who made the comment about Lamco being harder to work on is correct. Thankfully they don’t need work very often.

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
        They know what their stuff is worth !

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
          Lamco Lo and Throw 600 for me.... I also have a Bucees ASF 600 and a 600 lb Woods2Water directional to compare them too.....the Woods to Water directional is slowly becoming my second favorite but it needs the **** battery gauge on the timer to work before I bump it up. So far so good on the feeding side after removing the rheostat..

Not sure either would ever surpass the Lamco though. In fact if the W2W ends up not working out, it will be a Lamco 600 to replace it.
          So TRUE. When i set my woods2water directional up i test threw and it showed 1 bar after and i put a full charged battery on it. So i drove back up a week later hoping it wasn't dead and it still showed 1 bar but was throwing corn so i put a new fully charged battery on. I didnt realize it was just an issue with the timer

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
            Lamco Low and Throw is the best. There’s several tied for 2nd.
            This

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
              So TRUE. When i set my woods2water directional up i test threw and it showed 1 bar after and i put a full charged battery on it. So i drove back up a week later hoping it wasn't dead and it still showed 1 bar but was throwing corn so i put a new fully charged battery on. I didnt realize it was just an issue with the timer

Yup...mine reads 0 and 1 bars at times. I pull the battery off to test and its reads 12.8V running like a champ. I think we are figuring out why they were sold cheap this spring. I guess we should be at least happy they work but it will be tough to know when the batteries are going bad eventually.

Comment

Yup...mine reads 0 and 1 bars at times. I pull the battery off to test and its reads 12.8V running like a champ. I think we are figuring out why they were sold cheap this spring. I guess we should be at least happy they work but it will be tough to know when the batteries are going bad eventually.
                Yeah, oh well its throwing corn and trucking along. Ill just replace it when it quits throwing or every few years. which ever comes first. I still dont regret the purchase yet.

Comment

GreenGo feeders

Comment

Originally posted by JakeM View Post
                    Yeah, oh well its throwing corn and trucking along. Ill just replace it when it quits throwing or every few years. which ever comes first. I still dont regret the purchase yet.

I just hope it doesn't cost me a few hunts at my favorite blind being dead out of the blue one season ...Being 5 hours one way will **** a fella off. Never had it with my others that i can monitor somewhat.. I'm probably going to change it every 3 or so years like you and fend it off.

Comment

Originally posted by LAW View Post
                      GreenGo feeders

That’s what we run. Dang it’s built heavy duty.

Comment

I have some atascosa 600lbs feeders, has the timer and a regular feeder box.
                        Heavy duty cage to keep the racoons out, but not birds.
                        I ran one for a year or two to test, now upgrading feeders to the atascosa.
                        The only downfall is if your a shorty, might need a boost or a tailgate to load it.
                        I'm 6'3" and no issues from shoulder to hopper. My boy is around 5'8" and can barely get it in, but he's only 13.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I just hope it doesn't cost me a few hunts at my favorite blind being dead out of the blue one season ...Being 5 hours one way will **** a fella off. Never had it with my others that i can monitor somewhat.. I'm probably going to change it every 3 or so years like you and fend it off.
                          Yeah on our Texas wildlife supply feeders we've gone 4-5 years without a battery failing. Hopefully the solar panel does its job and i ride off in the the sunset with a 180" buck. (I should probably hunt somewhere else to get that but a man can dream)

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                            Lamco Low and Throw is the best. There’s several tied for 2nd.
                            False.

Texas Wildlife Supply is likely the toughest, best built feeder made. Solid steel. Eliminator plate. Varmint cage. On skids.

Comment

I like my ASF(non Bucees) version

Comment

Stand and fill

Look up Outdoor Addiction. Just bought one. Guy makes them in West Columbia. Great built feeder for a good price.

Comment

Working...
                                X