Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone on Plavix experiencing nose bleeds?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone on Plavix experiencing nose bleeds?

Never been on blood thinners before. The clotting is why I’m having to take it. Before being released from the hospital I could tell that the drug was going to make my nose bleed. This was addressed to a nurse but she laughed at me as though I was crazy. I explained to her how i knew.

I guess this side effect is normal because neither doctor will agree to do anything. Looks like asking to be put on a different blood thinner is next. The frequency of nose bleeds has increased. Anyone else experienced this with Plavix? If I didn’t have to be on meds like this I sure wouldn’t be taking them.

Not me.

Comment

It’s normal
      No worries

Comment

I have bruising and nose bleeds,also hard to stop the bleeding sometimes.

Comment

yep--that drug and others like it will thin your blood and cause issues you're having.
          Obviously the doctors want to thin your blood.
          You might try a lower dose.
          I'm taking 75mg daily.
          Are you also on low dose aspirin?

Comment

My wife takes it, she hasn't experienced any nose bleeding. But she will get a bruise from a gentle breese.

Comment

I am on the generic version and have not had an issue with nose bleeds?

I’ve never had an issue with nose bleeds either though.

I also take a low dose aspiring every evening.

Comment

They tried to put me on it because they thought I had a TIA. No evidence, all labs negative, no cognitive issues beyond what most people say I have.
                I told them no until I spoke with my Dr. (I was in the spital for 2 days). My Dr. laughed and said I’d bleed to death before the end of the month if I took a blood thinner other than aspirin. I cut my self **** near daily. So no, I just take a BC Powder every day at lunch
                Last edited by dosrobles; 07-17-2022, 01:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X