No announcement yet.

Sea Sickness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dill pickles or pickle slices and pickle juice. It works really well.

Comment

The over the counter meds work well. But don’t hang out in the cabin of the boat. Get outside while traveling from spot to spot. Drink lots of water and this last one you will not believe! Tape a penny behind both ears. Y’all will be fine. I’ve brought many out and the penny trick is worth more than 2 cents.

Comment

I got sick in 6 foot seas skinning a bear in the back of the boat. Didn’t throw up but didnt feel good either.

Comment

Do the patch if you are worried…you need to put it on the day before and it might cause a little cotton mouth but that’s about it. I don’t get seasick but most of my buddies do and the I always have a few patches handy when planning offshore trips

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Transcopalime Trans derm patch behind the ear. Knock on wood, I don’t get sick but this is the trick for those who do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Leemo View Post
              Stare into a tackle box
              Yea this always works for me! Not really don’t do this

Comment

I usually just drink alot of whiskey and stay up real late the night before. Then a really big breakfast and lots of coffee before heading out. Lots of greasy barbacoa tacos usually sets me straight.

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

Comment

tagged

Comment

Following to see what works for you. I’ve never found any relief myself. (That includes my entire Navy career)

Comment

I've never had much issue, although, I'll admit that 5+ foot seas will test the best of many.

To be honest, I think for a lot of people sea sickness is just in their head. If all you are thinking about is getting sick when heading out, it very possibly will happen.

I agree with a lot of the advice above -

- Non-drowsy dramamine or prescription patch starting the night before, not the day of
                      - Stay hydrated, again, starting with the day before.
                      - Don't sit in a hot cabin on the ride out. Sit outside and get some breeze and view the horizon.
                      - Don't eat too heavy the night before
                      - Carbonated beverage can help keep stomache settled
                      - Think about fishing, not about getting sick
                      - jumping in the water can provide instant relief, but it's not practical on many vessels

Comment

just make sure you start it the night before, not when you need it. make sure you are hydrate and ate a good breakfast. keep your eyes on the horizon, not fiddling around it bags. back of the boat is better than front....trolling in white caps is no fun

Comment

Originally posted by Mambajeep View Post
                          Prescription patch, only way to go. If it gets too bad Dramamine won’t do it
                          I know you wrote prescription patch, but by chance does this patch have the same ingrediants?

Just curious if its now over the counter.

OP,

I'd get the relief bands with the patch.

Comment

had good luck with the patch and bonine

Comment

Originally posted by hopedale View Post
                              I know you wrote prescription patch, but by chance does this patch have the same ingrediants?

Just curious if its now over the counter.

OP,

I'd get the relief bands with the patch.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07QTPWD1C...=Tyche-6019-20
                              Nope. Not the same.

Comment

See if your GP can write you a script for Zofran. 2mg an hour before leaving the dock and you wont even think about being sick. Plus you won't get the side effects of dramamine or scopalamine.

Comment

Working...
                                X