No announcement yet.

Please give me your thoughts electric buggy vs gas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Golf cart, quiet and sneaky and good for crossing open field at a creep. Lacks power in sand or mud and if your climbing a lot of hills it will suck the battery life down some what. You could run out of juice and your screwed.
    Gas, loud, smells some but you don't ever have to run out of gas. Just take some with you.
    I found a cordura tarp and made a cover with doors. I get out in the middle of the wheat fields and hang out with the cows.
    You can sneak up on hogs with someone with a bow. They slip out and walk behind you. Stop at 30 yards. They step out and whack em.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
      If all you are doing is going back and forth to the stand you can’t beat electric IMO. I like my Bad Boy but as others have said it has the turning radius of a 18 wheeler. If you have good roads and it’s not too hilly I would consider a lifted two wheel drive cart

I could change your mind in a hurry about hills and bad roads with my cart. It has gone places and done things I would have never imagined. It’s never left me stranded and our lease roads were anything but flat and smooth out in Haskell county.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I have two bad boys and older all electric and newer ambush that is both gas and electric. Which completely takes always the worry of running out of juice. They both haul plenty for me and have drug feeders, tripods, trailer I have zero complaints about either of my bad boy buggies!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

If you get serious about electric, the Ranger EV is the best. The BBB’s would be a very distant second. They are a great machine too, but not even in the same
          Class as the Ranger. Cheapest route is the golf cart. I just never cared for the rough ride they have.

I had a Ranger EV for about 6 years. Sold it and bought a Mule because I needed more seating room. I miss that EV every single day. There simply is no better electric rig.

Comment

I think from the OP the costs of a Bad Boy Buggy is out of price range.

I have been using an electric golf cart at our place in Aspermont for over 10 years. The only issue I have is driving in the mud, it will drain the battery quick. The ride is a little rough, but if you are just cruising to your stand no big deal, don't haul A wide open and the ride will be fine.

If really only going 1/2 mile each way the charge will last an entire weekend easy, maybe even a week if fresh batteries. If you have power at your camp then I would always put back on the charger.

I would definitely recommend 48V golf cart over the BB or a gas golf cart. Super quiet, good used buggies can be found reasonably priced and batteries should last years if you take care of them.

I have a 2015 EZGO S4 48V and reinforced the back deck, added a receiver for a hitch. One of my feeders is way off the beaten path. I can haul my 14' trailer with a pallet of corn and an extra 10 bags for over a mile and back with no problem. I have even pulled my 20' Shallow Sport with it, which is why I needed to reinforce the back deck!
            Last edited by JES; 06-12-2021, 08:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
              If you get serious about electric, the Ranger EV is the best. The BBB’s would be a very distant second. They are a great machine too, but not even in the same
              Class as the Ranger. Cheapest route is the golf cart. I just never cared for the rough ride they have.

I had a Ranger EV for about 6 years. Sold it and bought a Mule because I needed more seating room. I miss that EV every single day. There simply is no better electric rig.
              What kind of range do they have, found nothing on their web site.

Comment

I've owned both
                Just don't do it...golf carts are worthless imo even w upgraded suspension your spine will rattle out your back

Get a used rhino and be done

Comment

I have both. I use gas for working around the ranch. When I want to hunt, i use the electric.

Comment

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
                    I've owned both
                    Just don't do it...golf carts are worthless imo even w upgraded suspension your spine will rattle out your back

Get a used rhino and be done

They do ride rough but they are far from worthless.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by RedRocker View Post
                      What kind of range do they have, found nothing on their web site.
                      They claim 50 miles but I think 30+ is more realistic in hunting situations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                        They do ride rough but they are far from worthless.

Yep
                        My old as dirt cart with a lift isn’t very rough riding and very far from worthless. Actually 100% better than walking, 100% better than driving my truck through some of the brush I go through and will carry my generator, power tools And lumber.

Comment

I have a Bad Boy Instinct 2 WD 72 volt and it is great.
                          I have used it for years in the Sabine River bottom close to Bon Wier.
                          Ezgo makes a 4WD electric cart and Bass Pro has the Tracker line now which includes an electric buggy

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            They claim 50 miles but I think 30+ is more realistic in hunting situations.
                            Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              Yep

My old as dirt cart with a lift isn’t very rough riding and very far from worthless. Actually 100% better than walking, 100% better than driving my truck through some of the brush I go through and will carry my generator, power tools And lumber.

I agree, decent suspension, big fat tires and mine rides okay for the speed i travel on it and I’ve had spine surgery.

Comment

Like the OP when I'm too lazy (especially when my wife is along) to walk to the stand I use my EZ-Go electric. It's not a long range powerhouse but it does the job. I was contemplating upgrading to Lithium batteries but it's way too expensive.

Comment

Working...
                                X