Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heart shot. 50 yard max recovery.

Comment

Shot was higher than desired in the 11/16 area. During penetration the broad head went down and poked into the opposite side shoulder. No blood for 25 yards and what you found was very small specs. After waiting for him to expire, you found him 90 yards away.

Comment

I saw a high entry shot, higher than desired because he ducked the string. However, you hit either lung or heart or an artery because he was squirting blood in those first few steps. Dead inside 100 yards is my guess

Comment

Shot was high, but not to high, clipped lungs. 150yds, dead pig. If it hit the big artery under the spine, he didn't make it over 75yds.

Comment

I don't think the shot was as high as people are thinking. Look at angle of arrow and factor in, the length of arrow as to where you see lume nock.

My guess is lung and heart
            Dead within 50 yds
            Can't tell much but didn't look like arrow came out off side, so blood trail won't be much.

All my opinion, that and $1.00 gets you a cup of coffee at QT.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

No exit, higher entry makes me think blood trail was sparse

I am thinking double high lung and dead within 150yds but maybe too hard to track and you didn't recover?

Comment

The video is a little deceiving. Hog was dead and dropped right there.

Comment

Looks like shot came from higher than the camera but could be decieving. I am thinking caught the top of far lung, and good chance caught the top of the near lung as well. Blood sucks first 30-40 yds picks up and between 15-200 yds dead pig.

Comment

Put me in the "smoked him" camp. Arrow is moving from top to bottom and slight left to right in the video frame so I think broadhead impact could be slightly lower and further forward than it appears. Don't need a ton of penetration to kill them anyways. I'll guess dead under 100. He got out of there quick

Comment

Angle is much steeper than the camera angle. Entered in high behind the shoulder. Penetrated to almost the vanes of the arrow. Destroyed both lungs and heart. Weak blood trail in first 10 yards, then it opened up. Found him within 35 yards dead as
                      A doornail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Lighted nock makes the shot look high but it wasn't, dead pig !

Comment

some of you are hot on the trail

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                            Broad head contact was midway up the body right at the back of the shoulder. Dead under 100 yards. May not have had a lot of blood early but last 30 yards of track was a stream.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            I tend to agree with this

Comment

Looked a little high, but I could see blood. I think the angle was good enough to hit lungs and possibly heart. Dead pig probably 60 yards away.

Comment

Money shot, just inside leg crease, pig dead within 25 yards.

Comment

Working...
                                X