Recommend a Company That Burns Piles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recommend a Company That Burns Piles

Looking for a dependable company that does burning. I have 25 large brush/tree piles (between 5'and 10' tall) that I want burned. Land clearing companies Ive dealt with in the past have been flakes except Fred Schueling, but he's retired now, so any recommendations would be appreciated! Located north of Hondo

Call your local volunteer fire department, offer a good donation and food to the guys and have them do it. It's good training for the rookies.

Comment

Not sure where you’re located, but we just burn them ourselves here.

Comment

I have a can of diesel and a lighter you can barrow.

Comment

I didn’t know this was a thing. Everyone I know just waits for the right weather and then sets them off

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

yep

Comment

Depends on where you are just burn them yourself. Make sure the county doesn't have a burn ban on. JMO.

Comment

From my understanding, the problem is the person/company is responsible if they accidently set the country on fire. IDK who would take that risk

Comment

If you can wait for the right weather, wet, no burn ban, light winds.
                  Maybe have a tractor/dozer/ skid steer or a 4wheeler with a water sprayer on site.

You actually need some type of equipment to roll them and pile them back up to burn the piles clean.
                  Be better if you could drag around the piles to keep the fire from walking to.

I like to burn piles, makes the country side look nice.

I don't know of anyone that will come out and burn tho.
                  Maybe call your Fire Dept. They were a big help.
                  Also, it's required to call in to your local sheriff or PD to notify them of your managed burn.
                  Attached Files

Comment

What do people pay for someone to come out and burn brush piles?

I may start a side business

I have burned some huge piles and other than taking several days to burn completely up none have been a problem

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

I have burned some huge piles and other than taking several days to burn completely up none have been a problem

Let's partner up! That ain't even work, that's fun!.

Comment

This is a business? I can see my business cards now, “Have Pear Burner, Will Travel.”

Comment

I like to set mine on fire a little after sundown and let them burn at night.
                          not near as much danger to get out of control. It burns a lot slower at night
                          and does a better job getting everything. Not very much wind and way less chance of embers flying off and starting unwanted fires

Comment

I've already burned 10 this year, but to burn the remaining piles would take me a month of doing it every day. I don't have the time to do it.

Yes, a lot of land clearing businesses offer the service of burning, but 3 of the 4 I've dealt with have not been dependable. Hence the post looking for recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by BTLowry View Post

You would need a dozer and water truck, but rates are generally $800-$1400 day.

Comment

Working...
                              X