Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2019 Panhandle Hunting Thread (7th Annual!)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Congrats to y'all! Nice bucks!

Comment

Great bucks, y'all!

Comment

Be careful men. Killed a rattler next to the house on 11/4. If it would have been a little warmer my bird dog would have gotten bit.....AGAIN!

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
          Duzy, I took out one of your up and comers. Fresh meat on the ground at county road 18. Should be pre tenderized.

Nice buck Clark. I always enjoy your pictures!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

I saw that buck on the side of the road. Your aim was true.

I get to...

Comment

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
            Be careful men. Killed a rattler next to the house on 11/4. If it would have been a little warmer my bird dog would have gotten bit.....AGAIN!
            They have been bad. I killed more rattlesnakes last week than I killed all summer.

Comment

Originally posted by Duzy View Post
              I saw that buck on the side of the road. Your aim was true.

I get to...
              About as square as you can hit one. You saw where he was laying. I hit him right in the intersection of 18. He flew about 50 yards through the air and then rolled a ways. Lol
              I hate the rut!

Comment

Nice work, Clark and son of Clark!

Comment

Originally posted by Willicd76 View Post
                  One November a few years back, I killed four within a 24 hr period in Hall County. Every one within 20 yards of the wife and kids..

Comment

Any panhandle update on the rut?

Comment

They are chasing. This weekend I saw a couple large bucks breeding does and several just cruising around looking to breed. Also seeing lots of small bucks running through the country side. Wheat fields around me have been loaded with dozens of does feeding as well. In my experiences mature bucks start looking for feed after they have done some fighting and breeding and they will start coming to the feeder whenever soon.

Comment

I sat both Saturday night and Sunday morning in Garza county. I had a shooter within 20 yards both sits. Amazing how often that happens when you are out of buck tag(s) for that county. I just want a mature doe to come in and shooter bucks stand broadside in front of me. I think it is just payback for the tail kicking I took last year. Deer are definitely on the move. Everyone saw bucks on our place this weekend.

Comment

We're hoping to catch the 2nd rut in December. Won't be able to make it to the Panhandle until then. I did shoot a buck chasing a doe on Dec 30th one year.

Comment

I was up earlier this week and only saw young bucks cruising. Heading out tomorrow morning with my son. Hoping he gets his first. Hoping the big boys are up and moving.

Comment

Just got up to cottle county and had several new bucks on camera. Some does are separated from the little ones and pictures of a couple good bucks with their noses to the ground. Let’s see what the next 5 days brings.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Have this young up and comer in front of me now. Lots of bust up deer lots of new mature deer on cam. We are on 9k acres in kent co. Have a shooter on camera that we havent seen since October and hes showed up on the opposite side of the place 4 mis away this week.

Comment

Working...
                                X