No announcement yet.

An American Classic Combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You have good taste my friend. I have a 1959 Model 70 fwt 270 that loves green box 130gr corelokts. I usually break it out once a season for old time’s sake.

Comment

I love a 270! Trying to offload my 308 right now so I can get a 270.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a few 270's in the safe but my go to gun is a browning abolt my dad bought me 30 years ago. Easily killed over 100 deer with that one and probably 300 plus pigs. Remington 130 grain cor lokts and it shoots them around 1/2 inch. Take it to the range once before season fire 2 shots that hit about 1.5 inches high at 100 and put it back up. It's always ready for action.

Comment

Favorite caliber, mine also prefers the $20 core lokts to anything else. Sometimes reliability is found in knowing nearly any local bait shop or small town store is going to carry the exact round you need if you run out or leave yours at home by mistake.

Comment

My all time Favorite Caliber for Whitetail. I Grew Up hunting With One that Shoot 10.00 Winchester Power Points Like You Wish Every Gun Would Shoot. Mine Didn't Like Remington Bullets for Some Reason. Killed Whitetails Out to 500yrds With the Old Girl. I own a lot of Guns These Days But, None Will Ever Catch Up to The Animal Count Taken With My old 270. Paid 175.00 for it When I was 14 yrs Old. Wouldn't Sale it today for Anything

Comment

My .270 is a Winchester Mod 70 Featherweight. Killed a pile of deer.

Comment

Originally posted by Phillip Fields View Post
                My .270 is a Winchester Mod 70 Featherweight. Killed a pile of deer.

Stole the words out of my mouth. Mine is the exact same. Favorite gun I own.

Comment

My go-to caliber!

Comment

I have 2 of them in my house that have killed a ton of whitetail - I have since switched to Barnes 130 grain - but the Core Lokts are my #2 choice . I will never get rid of my 270's!

Comment

I love the 270 myself... It is not my go to rifle (that would be my 264 win mag) but a 270 is an awesome cartridge.
                      It has to be in my top 3
                      .264 win mag
                      .257 wby mag ( of which I am selling one of mine if anyone is interested)
                      .270 win

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                        I love the 270 myself... It is not my go to rifle (that would be my 264 win mag) but a 270 is an awesome cartridge.
                        It has to be in my top 3
                        .264 win mag
                        .257 wby mag ( of which I am selling one of mine if anyone is interested)
                        .270 win
                        That close to all I have left in my safe. Got rid of my .300s but I still have 6.5saum, .257wby, and my .270

Comment

I love the .270 caliber so much i have 3 of them.

Comment

I have a browning abolt 270 that I love. Got it for Christmas in 99. It shoots Winchester power points and Hornady American white tails in 130gr lights outtttt

Comment

I think my Winchester Model 70 Classic Featherweight in .270 Win is my favorite hunting rifle. I have killed piles of critters with it and have a ton of confidence in it. It's not super flashy but it sure does the job.

Comment

We have three .270’s
                                But my favorite is a cheap Ruger American
                                That loves Federal Fusions 130’s.
                                I don’t shoot many deer anymore but a bunch
                                Of hogs in recent years.
                                I thought my Savage was easy to shoot, but the Ruger with a trigger adjustment is a killer.

Comment

Working...
                                X