Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
    There you go PBuckShot. Go ahead and spend the $1500.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    That’s a dang bummer.

Comment

Originally posted by Etxnoodler View Post
      That’s a dang bummer.
      Yeah I’ve been hitting the bike at the gym and actually enjoyed the preparation for this particular hunt. My chicken legs were a lot more prepared last year than they were the year before. I liked the challenge and knowing I could go further back than someone who didn’t prepare. With that being said, whining won’t do me any good. Can’t beat’em...join’em I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post
        Yeah I’ve been hitting the bike at the gym and actually enjoyed the preparation for this particular hunt. My chicken legs were a lot more prepared last year than they were the year before. I liked the challenge and knowing I could go further back than someone who didn’t prepare. With that being said, whining won’t do me any good. Can’t beat’em...join’em I guess.
        I know what you mean about getting in shape for this hunt. I have been hunting this place for over 20 years and being in shape is your best bet to get a kill at the Atascosa.

I am still waiting for the miracle on getting selected for the rifle hunt. Over twenty years of applying for the rifle hunt and still no luck.

Comment

It’s a shame when public hunting turns into a money game like private land hunting has in Texas. Instead of hard work or outsmarting the competition.

Comment

From what I read, the refuge is not a national park. If you look up the rule the dept of interior posted that e bikes would be allowed on national parks. If you look up national parks in Texas, laguna is not listed as a national park nor is any refuge. Just saying.

Comment

I would go by the rules posted for the hunt. The refuge can be as strict as they want to be.

Although since I wont be there I really recommend arguing with them over e bikes during the orientation. You will make many new friends!

Comment

Jspradley those are the highlights of the orientation lol! Always fun to see who’s gonna argue that point

Comment

Originally posted by RuebenCaballero View Post
                  Jspradley those are the highlights of the orientation lol! Always fun to see who’s gonna argue that point
                  The rangers were WAY too nice on that point... lol

Comment

Muck boots or snake boots?

Comment

regular bikes are my preference.

Comment

Originally posted by RichExotics10 View Post
                        Muck boots or snake boots?
                        Snake boots

Comment

I’m curios, what are the percentages of hunters/hikers/outdoorsman that have been bitten by rattlesnakes in the legs? Don’t get me wrong, I would rather have protection and not need it but I often wonder how common this is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                            I’m curios, what are the percentages of hunters/hikers/outdoorsman that have been bitten by rattlesnakes in the legs? Don’t get me wrong, I would rather have protection and not need it but I often wonder how common this is.

I am pretty sure the percentage is not high but do you want to be that 1%? I have seen many rattle snakes out there. Some up to six feet long. If you don't wear snake boots at least snake guards would be the least.

Comment

Originally posted by RuebenCaballero View Post
                              From what I read, the refuge is not a national park. If you look up the rule the dept of interior posted that e bikes would be allowed on national parks. If you look up national parks in Texas, laguna is not listed as a national park nor is any refuge. Just saying.
                              Nowhere does it say just national parks. The order states ALL federal land under the departments control.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post

Oh, it is not common to get bit, but the possibility is always there. I was there last year and most of the walking off the road was in tall grass where I could not see the ground and sometimes...in standing water(that was not a good feeling at all). I saw snakes and a gator...they are out there.

Comment

Working...
                                X