X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CAP View Post
    Well, that's kind of a bummer.

For people with disabilities, I get it. But for able bodied people

Why stop at e-bikes? just go straight to ATVs. Hell, just let people drive their trucks. I know I'm exaggerating, but it's disappointing. I thought this hunt would be a level playing field that rewarded those who worked hardest. I can't afford a $1500 e-bike...

Oh well, I'm still going to bust my *** on this hunt. I'll make my own luck.
    Completely agree with you.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CAP View Post
      Well, that's kind of a bummer.

For people with disabilities, I get it. But for able bodied people

Why stop at e-bikes? just go straight to ATVs. Hell, just let people drive their trucks. I know I'm exaggerating, but it's disappointing. I thought this hunt would be a level playing field that rewarded those who worked hardest. I can't afford a $1500 e-bike...

Oh well, I'm still going to bust my *** on this hunt. I'll make my own luck.
      Technically quiet kat has credit options on the bikes so you can afford it... But realistically it wont change much. You and most other guys cant afford them anyway so there wont be that many out there. Also itll help move some guys further away than the typical stacked locations so at least there is that.

Comment

Originally posted by caalexander4 View Post
        Technically quiet kat has credit options on the bikes so you can afford it... But realistically it wont change much. You and most other guys cant afford them anyway so there wont be that many out there. Also itll help move some guys further away than the typical stacked locations so at least there is that.
        I’m pretty sure you’re right. I doubt you see 5 or more on each hunt. And I don’t want it to help guys go further. Then they’ll end up back where I go and it takes a minute or 35-40 to get them. Plus another 30-45 walk lol.

Truly I don’t that it will natter bc the bikes can only take you so far on the roads. The brush is unridable so some may go further but venture less into the brush.

Comment

To answer a few of the comments above. From my experience on the refuge both a short tripod and a make shift ground blind both have benefits depending on what unit you are hunting and the type of vegetation you are trying to use as cover. I tend to bring more of a lite weight ground blind option due to mobility but it does make the hunt harder since you are at ground level with the game you are hunting and nilgai have great sight. In some of the brush areas the tripod is the way to go and I would recommend a bike along with a modified game cart for mobility if you choose the tripod option. The e-bike should not effect the hunt as bad as one might think, but it does give a advantage of time (speed) and mobility to those that choose that option. I agree with many above this should only be a option for those with disabilities, but we as hunters and outdoorsman do not make the rules, we just have to follow them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Cutting down or moving vegetation for blinds at LA is no bueno.

Comment

I have a couple camo nets that were sewn to put a rope through it. I tie to small trees or brush and sit behind it. Very mobile, inexpensive, can fold up small and I think works better than a blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                Just got off the phone with the assistant manager of the refuge and he said e-bikes will be allowed this year but they must be pedal assisted and have a top speed of 25 mph.
                Only for mobility impaired hunters right?
                Click image for larger version

Name:	E7E01915-AD5E-4E17-BACE-7BFC34D410BE.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	137.5 KB
ID:	24595282

Comment

Originally posted by PBUCKSHOT View Post

[ATTACH]975033[/ATTACH]
                  It looks like it will be limited to only certain roads. Coyote loop is way out there. If the rains catch you out there you will need a lot more than an electric bike to get you out of there.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                    It looks like it will be limited to only certain roads. Coyote loop is way out there. If the rains catch you out there you will need a lot more than an electric bike to get you out of there.

Where are you reading that it will be allowed on certain roads?

Edit: I read it again and see where it says that. Just not sure if they are still taking about mobility impaired hunters
                    Last edited by PBUCKSHOT; 10-05-2019, 10:55 AM.

Comment

Where are you reading that it will be allowed on certain roads?

Edit: I read it again and see where it says that. Just not sure if they are still taking about mobility impaired hunters
                      It reads West Lake Road up to Coyote Loop in Unit two.

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
                        It reads West Lake Road up to Coyote Loop in Unit two.

Yes but it is under the mobility impaired hunters section. I guess I’ll need to call before dropping $1500

Comment

Yes but it is under the mobility impaired hunters section. I guess I’ll need to call before dropping $1500
                          Just don't go back in there if there is a forecast for rain. You will end up carrying the bike back to the truck.

Comment

[ATTACH]975033[/ATTACH]
                            NO! That was printed before the order from the Dept of the Interior came out. They are now allowed for use by anyone.

Comment

The ebikes are allowed anywhere regular bikes can go.

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                The ebikes are allowed anywhere regular bikes can go.
                                There you go PBuckShot. Go ahead and spend the $1500.

Comment

Working...
                                X