Atascosa 2019!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jspradley View Post
    Yep, make sure you ask and get the ranger's name, the rules can be different depending on who you talk to but the general consensus is that you need to bring as much hide back as you can.

I'd still throw it all on a tarp too just to be safe.
    They are pretty strict about the tarp. I would just have one and not worry about it.

What is ironic is that this Red Tick Fever is threatening the local livestock yet this exotic animal was imported by ranchers that the govt is trying to protect by keeping it from spreading to the ranchers that imported this exotic.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by RGV Hunter View Post
      They are pretty strict about the tarp. I would just have one and not worry about it.

What is ironic is that this Red Tick Fever is threatening the local livestock yet this exotic animal was imported by ranchers that the govt is trying to protect by keeping it from spreading to the ranchers that imported this exotic.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
      Protecting folks from themselves is the American way! lol

Comment

Hopefully they won’t make us drag too much hide back. I’d hate to kill something way off the road and have to make a trip back and out for just the hide, especially after a few meat hauls. If it’s not too big of a piece, surely I can just tag it along with some meat.

A spare tarp will definitely be in the truck!

Comment

Originally posted by TGKIL View Post
          Hopefully they won’t make us drag too much hide back. I’d hate to kill something way off the road and have to make a trip back and out for just the hide, especially after a few meat hauls. If it’s not too big of a piece, surely I can just tag it along with some meat.

A spare tarp will definitely be in the truck!
          Look on Harbor Freight flyers sometimes they have a free 5x7 tarp Coupon.

Comment

The only thing better than a cheap tarp is a free tarp! Thanks ABWGTX.

Comment

Just got off the phone with the assistant manager of the refuge and he said e-bikes will be allowed this year but they must be pedal assisted and have a top speed of 25 mph.

Comment

We got picked on the second draw for Nov 15-19. That's 2 more from Ingleside. LOL

Comment

They had free tarps there last year during the late exotic hunt. Ones that previous hunters left.

Comment

The next 23 days can't get here soon enough!!

Comment

For anyone doing the October 25th- 29th hunt, does anyone have an extra room I can pay for or want to find a place to split? Still trying to setup my arrangements for down there.

Comment

What's y'all's preferred method - ground blind or tripod (if tripod what height)? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                          What's y'all's preferred method - ground blind or tripod (if tripod what height)? thanks
                          I have a 7' to the seat tripod with a cushioned folding boat seat. Puts you at about 9-10' eye level. Perfect for the refuge.

Comment

Originally posted by Romulan View Post
                            Originally posted by gemini2759 View Post
                            I have a 7' to the seat tripod with a cushioned folding boat seat. Puts you at about 9-10' eye level. Perfect for the refuge.
                            This is about as high as you would want to go. Anything higher will make you stick out like a hood ornament IMO. There are some places you could place a taller tripod but those areas are limited. Between a tripod and a blind I would go with tripod. I think a blind is too bulky and the deer are not used to it.

Comment

How are you guys hauling a tripod in and out? I assume you’re just walking it in and out? And from my understanding you have to take it down after each hunt?

Comment

Originally posted by Txfire409 View Post
                                Just got off the phone with the assistant manager of the refuge and he said e-bikes will be allowed this year but they must be pedal assisted and have a top speed of 25 mph.
                                Well, that's kind of a bummer.

For people with disabilities, I get it. But for able bodied people

Why stop at e-bikes? just go straight to ATVs. Hell, just let people drive their trucks. I know I'm exaggerating, but it's disappointing. I thought this hunt would be a level playing field that rewarded those who worked hardest. I can't afford a $1500 e-bike...

Oh well, I'm still going to bust my *** on this hunt. I'll make my own luck.

Comment

Working...
                                X