2019-2020 Hill Country Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by roberts View Post
    We did some spot checking of the oak trees on our place in Northern Llano county and they were loaded with little acorns. Looked like it is going to be a bumper crop this year.

Oh no out new place has lots of them !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Acorns thick here on our place in San Saba. Already starting to fall and deer are on them. Not hitting corn or protein real hard right now.

Comment

Didn’t shoot many doves, but got a little of the wet stuff and had a great weekend. Lots of deer, no studs. Mostly youngsters and culls.

New feeder on range. 100 yards to dirt mound.

They found it quickly...

Lots of activity at my feeder, but this was the best buck I saw...

Even though it’s very dry, they must have enough food. Still tons of persimmons within browse height.

Got a little rain from a couple of small cells.

Anyhow, I shot like 6 dove but had a great time in Fredericksburg, as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Great pictures!! Looks like a fun trip!

Comment

Originally posted by DUKFVR View Post
            Acorns thick here on our place in San Saba. Already starting to fall and deer are on them. Not hitting corn or protein real hard right now.
            Exactly the same on our place in Richland Springs.

Comment

We’re getting closer...
              Attached Files

Comment

Acorns dropping in Kimble county as well. I've heard if thier dropping this early and are on the smaller side...they might not last...am I wishful thinking?

Comment

I know most one here (including myself) are on a lease out west. Mine is in Doss and my family has been on it for years , since the 80s. However, we are not allowed to bow hunt on it due to landowner preference. No big deal, but i would like to find somewhere around there i could bow hunt. Any leads would help, thanks!

Comment

We got to the lease late yesterday afternoon. Kinda green here still. I will pull the trail camera pictures here in a bit and take a look at them when it's really hot this afternoon.

Didn't have time to hunt yesterday but my son and myself are up and at it this morning (were hunting together).

Comment

Few new bucks have been showing up the last 7 days and they are about 50/50 on night or day showings.

Pops shot a 250-275 pig a week or so ago and a even bigger one just showed up to replace him... Rams show up when the hay is put out like clockwork but at 14$ a bale they do not get it very often lol

Comment

What’s the rain situation been in the region?
                        Dryer than normal or about normal?

Comment

Good luck to everyone this weekend! I'll be sitting this weekend out due to work but I'm hoping to make it up to my place next weekend.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SwampBuck View Post
                            What’s the rain situation been in the region?
                            Dryer than normal or about normal?
                            It was a wet spring but has been bone dry since.

Comment

Good Luck Everyone!
                              Got a shooter scoped out, but got to finish teal season 1st. Monday it will be on!

Comment

I’ll join in, good luck everyone this season! I haven’t been to the ranch in 1.5 months or so, will be curious who is still hitting the feeders. Hopefully everyone has a great weekend.

Comment

Working...
                                X