Investing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Investing

I have been in the market 2 years now. Im up 4% which is horrible. I have found my problem is that i don't know when to sale. My strategy is buy and hold good companies, w good balance sheets. The only thing is I hold to long and let all my gains evaporate. Is there anyone on the green screen that has good experience, that would like to share their knowledge?

you could try selling or sailing

Comment

I have found it is a lot easier to have someone with the knowledge manage my portfolio. Can I buy then Houston Astros? Do I have a lot more in there than I have contributed? Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick View Post
        you could try selling or sailing
        Selling, sale, sail, they're, their, there. Lol
        Sorry

Any input on the title?

Comment

Originally posted by rut-ro View Post
          I have found it is a lot easier to have someone with the knowledge manage my portfolio. Can I buy then Houston Astros? Do I have a lot more in there than I have contributed? Yes.
          Have they helped you alot?

Comment

In my experience if you aren’t knowledgeable and active, day trading isn’t for you. Better off with mutual funds, etc

I tried and made a little, lost some more because I was too passive about it and it barely made me any money. I’d rather pay someone smarter than me to handle it for me. I went from 5-7% when I did it to average of about 12% when I let a pro handle it for me. Worth the 1% he charges

Comment

Ditch stocks and go crypto. look at any of the top 10 of them 2 years ago.. daily volatility should be ignored especially when you're long term HODLING anyway. #XRPTHESTANDARD haha

Comment

Hire a professional, like Edward jones type company. But do your research find someone that has your core values and is like minded or it will never work. You have to have some level of trust in the person your investing with.

Comment

2 years investing and talking about holding too long is where you're going terribly wrong.

Comment

If trading were easy we would all be millionaires.

I bought Amazon at $80 and Apple at $42 and still hold those stocks. Unfortunately I was right out of college and didn’t buy enough.

I also bought bank stocks that went belly up.

Since then I’ve switched to more stable investments for real money and more risky for 401k. Time will tell.

Good luck in Wall Street Vegas. Hopefully trump doesn’t continue his crusade on tariffs.

Comment

Luck & timing when short term investing. I personally wouldn’t play the market short term. Mutual fund investing long term is spreading the risk and focus on long term gains down the road as you near retirement age. Good luck

Comment

Originally posted by trash2 View Post
                        2 years investing and talking about holding too long is where you're going terribly wrong.

Exactly. Either day trade or buy and hold for the long term. Aka 10 years plus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ramit Sethi and Dave Ramsey both have great investing advice, be in it for the long term.

The data seems to show that VERY few people every really succeed at timing the market so investing the majority of your cash for the long term and keeping some "play money" for volatile investments for things like crypto and looking for the "next best thing" stocks.

I really like Ramit's advice on how stupid it is to put all your eggs in the crypto basket...

Comment

I would avoid day trading unless its just a small amount and focus on maxing out your Roth IRA and 401K. Invest long term in index funds like the Total US stock market or S&P 500.

Also, don't invest in crypto

Comment

Originally posted by Capt.Brown View Post
                              Hire a professional, like Edward jones type company. But do your research find someone that has your core values and is like minded or it will never work. You have to have some level of trust in the person your investing with.
                              I was with Edward Jones for over 10 years until realized how badly I was being skinned every time I made a trade. Basically it was $1 per share to buy and $1 per share to sell. I went to Fidelity and have since migrated to Merrill Lynch. I like ETF’s in various sectors. There are companies that charge around 1% to manage part or all of your portfolio. I’ve been with several of these. Most claim they will go to cash when they see the market dropping but seldom are able to execute their strategy before it’s too late. Knowing when to sell individual shares is difficult unless you have all day to work it.

Comment

Working...
                              X