Live in Fannin Co 11/21/20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Updates so far...

Hunting with a partner... this Northern Harrier is all over the fields I’m on.

Hand to hand combat with all these yellow jackets.

Comment

Twin button bucks.

Comment

Thats not a bird , that's a dang dragon!!!!

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Live in Fannin Co 11/21/20

They are big birds. I had to ID it from photos.

It’s about pig-30

Comment

That’s a wrap! A friend of ours hunting shot at a pig at last light but I don’t think made contact. I don’t have the store yet.

Comment

What part of the county? I’ve started habitat work on a family place this year near Bailey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Good luck. I have hunted north of Honey Grove. Your area looks like some of the same terrain.

Comment

Missed him by thiiiiis much A few days late!

Comment

Originally posted by bigtex76 View Post
                    Good luck. I have hunted north of Honey Grove. Your area looks like some of the same terrain.

I’m south of Dodd City off 1550. Really close to the new Lake Ralph Hall that’s going in near Ladonia.

Comment

I live in Fannin county and cant find any affordable hunting ground. have seen plenty of decent deer in the area though

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                        I’m south of Dodd City off 1550. Really close to the new Lake Ralph Hall that’s going in near Ladonia.
                        Is hwy 34 going to stay in place but become a bridge across the lake or will there be a new north-south road put in somewhere else? Pretty crazy fannin is getting 2 new lakes built relatively in the same time period

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                          Is hwy 34 going to stay in place but become a bridge across the lake or will there be a new north-south road put in somewhere else? Pretty crazy fannin is getting 2 new lakes built relatively in the same time period
                          My understanding is 2 bridges allowing 34 to run north/south and 1550 is going to be rerouted a bit so it stays north of the lake.

I’m curious what it does to our hunting. I will be less than a mile from the new lake but I imaging as the lake fills it’s going to displace and push deer out to me for that first year. So many new restaurants and stuff popping up in Bonham too. Good to see.

Comment

Originally posted by Wbeene13 View Post
                            I live in Fannin county and cant find any affordable hunting ground. have seen plenty of decent deer in the area though
                            Never looked for a lease but I imagine they are pricey given the proximity to DFW. The deer density is low and getting lower with the allowed harvest of does which is unfortunate since the swine population is growing and growing.

I almost wished it would go like Grayson/Collin - to archery only. The genetics for the deer around me are great. Big main frames with a tendency to throw off trash- but getting them to 5-6 y/o is difficult.
                            Last edited by Kevin; 11-26-2020, 11:17 PM.

Comment

I'm surprised that they opened up the does as well. I grew up in Leonard and we had to drive up to the border to get into the deer back then, not being able to shoot does in the general season slowed things way down but it did make for some interesting sits in the woods. When I was 17 I almost drove off the road outside of Wolfe City one day when I saw a doe and fawn walking across a pasture a few miles outside of town, it was the first time I had seen a deer south of Highway 82. Thanks for sharing, your pics brought back a lot of good memories!!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin View Post
                                Never looked for a lease but I imagine they are pricey given the proximity to DFW. The deer density is low and getting lower with the allowed harvest of does which is unfortunate since the swine population is growing and growing.

I almost wished it would go like Grayson/Collin - to archery only. The genetics for the deer around me are great. Big main frames with a tendency to throw off trash- but getting them to 5-6 y/o is difficult.
                                yes lease prices are outrageous. there are great genetics in Fannin county but way too many people who who refuse to let a deer mature before harvesting. I too wish Fannin would go bow only due to declining numbers

Comment

Working...
                                X