Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by twdjr View Post
    ^^^^Way to go! Congrats to all of you! Enjoy that time with PawPaw! ^^^^
    We enjoy every year up there with him. I’m not missing one til one of us can’t even make it in a wheelchair! Hell he’ll probably outlast me. He’s like a ol billy goat up them mountains.

Originally posted by Patton View Post
    Congrats Mako! That last pic is what dreams are made of.
    Thanks. Brother got some nice night photos

Originally posted by James View Post
    Amazing !
    Thank ya

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by WT View Post
      While the stars haven't aligned for me to take a good bull yet, one of my dearest friends laid this one down over the weekend. I'll post better pics once I have his permission. He's been practicing and preparing for months and it paid off big. Couldn't have happened to a better guy!

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Amazing! Can’t wait for the rest of the story

Comment

Originally posted by rtp View Post
        Congrats Bo on putting one on the ground! I know you were jacked up with anticipation for that hunt. Im heading out Friday with hunt scheduled to start Monday morning.
        Man You Should Be Hitting It on the Money. Good Luck and ready to See Some Pictures Buddy

Comment

Bo did y’all bring the horses to pack out or use a local guy?

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
            Bo did y’all bring the horses to pack out or use a local guy?

We Brought Them Solely for Packing in and Out. I Led Mine in and Out Loaded

[url=https://servimg.com/view/14725958/1579]

After I Completed My Scouting Trip I Decided That we Needed to Pack in Just Under 6 miles. With That we decided to Take Horses Mainly for the Pack out. Once I Cut the First Hide Quarter Loose on our First Elk I was Very Glad we Made that Decision.

Comment

Im heading out Friday with hunt scheduled to start Monday morning.
              Looks Like You Better Get Ready for Some Snow. They are saying 2 to 3 Ft

Comment

Are there services that if you kill will meet you on mountain to pack meat out by horse/llama?

Comment

Originally posted by Longue Carabine View Post
                  Just wasted 7 days in NE Idaho bowhunting elk. I had heard that they dont bugle here but didn't believe it. Tried 2 different units and covered lots of ground. I heard one bugle, and I don't even know if it was an elk or another hunter. Every other hunter and hiker I encountered said they hadn't heard any at all.
                  I've heard the wolves in Idaho are way too many and they come to bugles and the Elk have learned to keep their mouths shut.

Comment

Congrats Bo on putting one on the ground! I know you were jacked up with anticipation for that hunt. Im heading out Friday with hunt scheduled to start Monday morning.
                    Originally posted by drop dead fred View Post
                    Are there services that if you kill will meet you on mountain to pack meat out by horse/llama?

Yes. Always Check with Local Outfitters and Packers in the Area you plan to hunt and Set up Before Your Hunt. I was Planning on Packing Ours Out on Our Backs until I Decided to Go in That Deep. Now That I Have Cleaned 2 Elk I Will Never Ever Plan that Again if I Plan to Hunt over a Mile In. You just Do not Understand How big A Elk is Till you Get one Broke Down. I Made 6 Trips in and Out with The Horse Loaded

Comment

You'll need to contact the outfitter that works the area your hunting in.

Comment

Yes. There are usually locals in "town" that will provide the service. Check availability BEFORE you hunt though. I know some guys that got in a pinch after they got a bull on the ground. Luckily the guy they contacted put them in touch with someone who got the job done.

Comment

Call a local butcher who does elk and ask for names/ numbers. They’re used to out of state hunters needing help.

Comment

Leaving Saturday morning for my first elk hunt in Wyoming. Looks like we are meeting the cold weather there! Hunt starts Monday, so hopefully we miss the hard cold/heavy snow that’s being forecasted. Hoping the snow pushes the elk down.

Moon phase is good, rut should be going on, and the first big cold front of the year!

Comment

The reward is big guys!

Go get’em!!

Comment

Forecast in SW Montana is snow starts Sunday. North of here they’re forecasting 4’, here further south less. A lot is elevation you’re at. Hopefully you’ll be ok in Wyoming.

I found a 4x4 yesterday across a canyon. Cow called and he finally started moving towards me. Out of the canyon 3 more bulls came up, one was bugling at 30-40 yards in thick juniper trees. Another looped behind me and scented me I think, and they took off. Great fun- I found a new spot. Best part- it was 3 miles from where we’re building our hone.

Comment

Working...
                                X