No announcement yet.

1911s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it's pretty hard to find a ruger that doesn't work ...
    it's also pretty hard to find a newer kimber that does work...
    at least that has been my experience.

same goes for the new springfield prodigy ... countless videos on youtube of QC issues... there is a reason why the price on them is dropping...
    Springfield in general makes quality products and i'm sure they will fix the prodigy. i'd love one once they get the kinks out.

given the choice , i'd take the ruger over the kimber any day.

Comment

I've owned on Kimber and it broke. There is little pot metal firing pin block that will break at sometime in it's life. When, who know but it will give up the ghost at one point with heavy use. Sorry, but I can't chance that with a firearm.

I don't even think Kimber sales the part, they just mail it to you when it breaks. I would step up to Springfield, STI, or a Remington R1.

Comment

I know you mentioned Ruger and Kimber, and there have been a lot of other good suggestions. You might also check out Dan Wesson.

Comment

I had a Kimber desert warrior and it was one of the most inaccurate pistols I’ve ever owned. I won’t ever buy another.

Comment

I've looked at Bull Armory's 1911 pistol a few weeks ago and thought it was a good gun for its price range.

Comment

My son has a Dan Wesson. I have a Ruger commander. The DW is the sweetest shooting 45 that I have ever picked up.

Comment

Don’t over look a Springfield.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  One's way more expensive than the other. That's like comparing Rock River to Daniel Defense. It all depends on what you want to pay. They'll both do the same thing. They'll both last you your whole life if you take care of them. I'm not paying double for a pistol that won't make a robber or psychopath extra dead.

You just like to hear yourself talk don’t you?

Comment

I’ve owned a bunch of 1911’s (STI, S&W, Springfield, Colt, Baer, Brown, Wilson, Kimber, and a couple full custom builds) but never a Ruger. My personal experience having owned several Kimbers is that I’ve never had a single problem with any of them, and I don’t know anyone personally who has. If I found one that tickled my fancy, I wouldn’t hesitate buying it today.

Comment

I've owned one Kimber and most likely will never own another one. Accuracy sucked but trigger was really good. My Rock Islands are the most accurate of all my 1911's. Even better than my Sig C3 carry gun. What makes or breaks a good 1911 to me is if it will stand up to the torture of being converted to .45 super. So far all my RIA's have been bullet proof
                      I really really like this new double stack TAC ULTRA FS HC 45ACP also known as the RIA 2011. Most accurate out of the box 1911 I have ever had my hands on.

Comment

If you shoot them enough most pistols are going to malfunction at some time. Most 1911 issues are magazine or ammo related. They tend to be more sensitive to those 2 things than other pistols, especially older ones. You won't go wrong with Kimber, Springfield or Ruger. All 3 good solid manufacturers and if you do have an issue it is most likely easily taken care of. The full size are going to run best. The smaller more compact you get, the finickier they get. My full size and commander size Kimbers and Colt will feed just about any kind of ammo I run in them with little to no break in. A buddy has an ultra compact Kimber that required a break in period and is picky about what ammo it feeds. Same with an older Colt Officers model I carry, it is more selective about what ammo feeds reliably. I'm sure the Wilson Combat, Dan Wesson or STI do shoot better but most people don't shoot good enough to justify paying 2 or 3 or 4 times the price over an entry or mid level 1911. Some do fell different in the hand. Pick up each one and buy what feels good in the hand and fits your budget.

Comment

For what it’s worth I have a Ruger 1911 and it has never missed a beat. It doesn’t have the tolerances of my colts but it has never miss-fed, Miss fired or jammed. The gun is filthy and a beater and I trust it

Comment

I’ve never had an issue with my kimber custom ii, the ruger is good too. There are a lot of good “budget” 1911s. None of them are close to a Dan Wesson mentioned above but they’re a fraction of the price

Comment

Springfield.

Comment

Originally posted by Geraldg6 View Post
                                You just like to hear yourself talk don’t you?

And you're one of those weirdos that likes to get on here and contradict every opinion I have like you have a personal vendetta against me. Y'all need to get a **** life is what you ought to do. There's a few of y'all on here that I think get off on that.

This is a forum. Not everyone's going to agree with everyone else or have the same opinion as you. I think it's ridiculous to overpay for a pistol that has a fancy name when a Rock Island Armory or something half the price of it will do the same thing. Tools are the same way. You're paying for that name on it in a lot of cases. And Kimber ain't no different.

I've personally shot these different guns. It's not an opinion, it's what it is. I didn't read it from someone else or get my information from a forum. I fired it at a target and formed my own opinion. I'm not telling anyone not to buy a Kimber. Because why would I care?
                                Last edited by okrattler; 02-05-2023, 08:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X