Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    Something else I like about Mexico.

I can't remember running into an ahole down there. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. Even the guys trying to sell you cocaine at the marina.

On the other hand I've been to every single state in the western US from ok north except Hawaii and every state along the gulf coast. Some multiple times. Canada twice and all by car but Alaska. Been an ahole or 3 every trip. Even residents in tourist cities.

I guess the people in Mexico want your money more. Good thing is, it takes less of it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    The last cruise that we went on ( 10 years ago) was out of Galveston. Both my daughters and there husbands went with my wife and I. Upon return my youngest daughter realized that she had left their house keys in their room on the cruise ship. She called the cruise line and coordinated a pickup so we turned around and went back and parked exactly where they told us to park which was a vacant parking lot at the end of the terminal. I went in to get her keys and when I came out there was a Rent-A-Cop giving my entire family grief for being parked there and threatened to throw everyone in jail if we didn’t move immediately. And of coarse my mouth didn’t help the situation at all. Short story….welcome back to the U.S.

Comment

Originally posted by buzzbait View Post
      Its cheaper to go to Mexico than Galveston for a week IMO. We are headed back in April
      This looks like the same place that I’ve stayed in at Isla Mujeres. Playa Norte is a great beach, especially when the sargassum levels are high on the mainland because the wind and current blow all of it in a different direction and the beach stays clean.

Comment

Two things I don't understand:

Why take a cruise on a boat that is expensive plus you gotta pay for food and drinks and dress fancy for dinner? They stop at beach towns for a few hours. Much better to stay at a Mexico resort for the weekend all inclusive.

People rant on Facebook and boycott stores, restaurants and states that don't allow guns then the next week they are on a beach in Mexico. Lol.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
        Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-28-2023, 01:11 PM.

Comment

RR1, have you changed your opinion yet?

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I went a long time ago and don't recall anything special. Food was good but not great. Just a bunch of Americans inside a big resort with a nice swimming pool. Wasn't really all that cheap either.

What did I miss? Why do people like going there so much, just a good place to get drunk and relax or??
            Playa is mostly Europeans. Plenty of topless women but guys wear Speedos. Lol.

The music is better. EDM instead of Baby Got Back. Lmao.

Comment

Originally posted by miket View Post
              Tried it, my L3901 didnt have the nuts. Its kinda like Excaliburs sword

Lmao!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

This is why! Ice in Dallas all week fly down for bottomless beer and swimming pool weather!

Comment

Originally posted by JustinJ View Post
                  This is why! Ice in Dallas all week fly down for bottomless beer and swimming pool weather!
                  After seeing your pic here it’s like yea punish me please of having to go to a pace like your at now.

Comment

Money goes a lot farther, and it’s just a hop down there on a plane !
                    You can stay in an all inclusive resort for same price as a nice hotel room with nothing here.
                    Viva La Mexico !

Comment

Will let you know as soon as this plane touches down

Comment

That looks awful! How much did you have to pay your captors to release you after they pulled your fingernails out with vise grips???

Comment

All that is a waste of money and not worth what they charge.

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
                            I went a long time ago and don't recall anything special. Food was good but not great. Just a bunch of Americans inside a big resort with a nice swimming pool. Wasn't really all that cheap either.

What did I miss? Why do people like going there so much, just a good place to get drunk and relax or??
                            Sometimes vacations are not always just about you. They are about what she wants and likes. A sandy beach, drinks, nice no hassle dinners, access to a day spa, (great time to fish while she is at the spa...) Happy wife, happy life.
                            We enjoy travel, and hit Europe once a year or so. Traveling, for us is about shared experiences and meeting people from different cultures. It helps remind us how lucky we are, and what is important in life.
                            We also spend a week or two state side, did Colorado, (fly fishing for 5 days there one week and another week in New Mexico,) and New York. I prefer the mountains in the summer, but NYC was a little different for us.

Comment

Mexico is fine, but I earn an incentive trip every year for work and go to 5 star resorts in Hawaii, Grand Cayman, Costa Rica, Aruba, etc. Actually, leaving for Maui in the morning.
                              If I didn't have those, for the money, Mexico might be back on the radar.

Comment

Aw hell naw. Stirms like we had are not common. I love that stuff. Many other weekends to go to Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X