Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1911s

Ruger vs kimber

One's way more expensive than the other. That's like comparing Rock River to Daniel Defense. It all depends on what you want to pay. They'll both do the same thing. They'll both last you your whole life if you take care of them. I'm not paying double for a pistol that won't make a robber or psychopath extra dead.

Comment

LOL at rock river v Daniel defense!

OP when it comes to 1911s its all about personal preference and what you want out of the gun.

If you just want a 1911 platform to plink with then get the Ruger. If you want a better built “higher end” 1911 then there are several options out there.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

My experience with Kimber is, look elsewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Colt Custom Shop

Comment

Never owned a Kimber, but I have been completely satisfied with my Ruger! It's been extremely accurate and has never jammed on me.

Comment

Between those 2, Ruger everyday.

Comment

Isn't the Ruger frame investment cast? As good as Investment cast has been proven. When it comes to 1911's for me. I want a billet/forged frame/slide in blue steel with wood.

Comment

That Ruger sounds like a sack of nails if you shake it, but it will cycle and feed. Kimber is a hit or miss. Investment wise the Colt would be the top pick.

Comment

STI. Close thread.

Comment

I’d go Sig, but that’s just me!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Go spend twice as much on a boutique gun if you want fancy, or go spend $500 on a Rock Island that shoots and cycles as good as any sub $1000 1911.

Comment

Springfield

Comment

Have had great luck with several Kimbers, 45 and 10mm. I'm an average pistol shot but noticed an improvement with my Kimber over 80 series Colt. For right around $1,000 you can get checkered front strap and night sights included. Never shot a Ruger but like what I have seen and heard. Lower price point. Friend has one and likes it. Whichever you get, plan on buying after market mags.

Comment

I've had them all, the budget ones anyways, I'll say under $1500.

That's budget to some and not to others. I haven't ventured into higher end ones.

I think you can tell a big difference in the lower end versus the higher end budget guns.

I have a couple of Kimber Ultra Carry IIs and love them, also Springfield Range Officers and an EMP that are just as good.

I've owned and sold some Rugers, Rock Island, and such because they just weren't as smooth and in my opinion not as accurate.

Honestly, the most accurate 1911 I have is a Springfield RO Compact in 9mm with the bull barrel. It was like an $800 gun at the time and runs as good as any I have.

Don't overlook Springfields lineup.

Comment

Working...
                              X