No announcement yet.

Chevy Diesel batteries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go to Wallyworld buy two batteries for $300. Repeat every three to four years.

Comment

4-5 years for diesels truck batteries is about what I've usually gotten, found the best deal at Batteries Plus for some Duracell's with 3 year warranty, about $375 +/- out the door with cores turned in. Just bought a new Duracell from them for my 08 2500 suburban as well, cheaper than even the Walmart batteries.

Comment

Originally posted by RWB View Post
        You would think Silverado batteries would last twice as long since only one headlight ever works ;-)
        lol

Comment

As others said, normal. I am giving my batteries a shot this go round, and putting them on a trickle charger when at home. We will see if it helps in 4 years.

Comment

Does chevy have special batteries for their trucks?

Comment

in Texas heat....4-5 years is excellent.....

Knock on wood, but my wife's original battery in her Porsche Cayenne from 2014, but its inside the cab under the driver seat....that might make a difference

Comment

4-5 years on any standard automotive battery’s like others have said, we run Walmart’s and they’ve been great so I’m sticking to them.

Comment

I got a little over 3 yrs with mine, ‘19 2500. On a side note it Chevy made it **** complicated to change out batteries

Comment

Changed my batteries out in October in my 2019 duramax.

Comment

4-5 years

Comment

Originally posted by JES View Post
                        In December I replaced the batteries for the first time on my 2016 Duramax.

This cold snap did your batteries in I’m afraid. You’re looking at about $550 for both of them.

Interstate batteries from Costco are 36 month warranty and $109 each.

Comment

Originally posted by KDinTX View Post
                          4-5 years for diesels truck batteries is about what I've usually gotten, found the best deal at Batteries Plus for some Duracell's with 3 year warranty, about $375 +/- out the door with cores turned in. Just bought a new Duracell from them for my 08 2500 suburban as well, cheaper than even the Walmart batteries.

The best thing about buying batteries at Walmart is they are everywhere if you need a replacement, I've had great luck with them.

Batteries Plus stores are few and far between.

I bought a battery at O'Reilly's in Colorado when the one in my GMC Acadia died on vacation about 5 years ago. They replaced it again before the 2 year mark. The replacement died again within a year. They said they would only replace it once under warranty, so I had to pay about $250 for a new one at an O'Reilly's in Massachusetts. It was dead about 3 months ago, but did take a charge. BTW, GM put the battery under the floor behind the passenger seat. It's a real pain to change out.

Comment

It depends on a lot of factors. I used to smoke a battery in 2 years, max. I was driving and idling a lot, especially in the summer.

Batteries have gotten expensive, too.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by doublearrow View Post
                              I have a 2017 Chevy Duramax and I have not replaced them yet but I know it's coming.
                              I noticed my 2017 sounded a little weak recently, probably will not be long

Comment

Not sure what the make has anything to do with it, your lucky to get 4nto 5 years on any batteries.

Comment

Working...
                                X