• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is all I got.
    Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
      In the world of pellet grills you do get what you pay for. There’s a reason the top dogs cost what they do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      This right here.I went with Lone Star Grillz,buy once cry once.Made in TX and are local to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        In the world of pellet grills you do get what you pay for. There’s a reason the top dogs cost what they do.

I’d agree, but I question what the end result really is.

My buddy and I both had Pit Boss Copperhead 5 verticals. He learned how to smoke meats on that. He found himself cooking every weekend and finally got a RecTec Bull something of another? Fancy contraption that he would start from his phone while at work so it was ready to go when he got home. Anyway, he paid about 3x what the pitboss would cost. I’d put the product that came off of mine up against his any day, end product was still great tasting meats.

His just did it with more flash, flare and pizzazz.

Comment

I got a RecTeq RT-700 for Christmas and I love it. You guys that want to babysit your stick burner go ahead. I used to do that. I'll just be over here taking a nap and cooking my butts, briskets, ribs, etc.

^^^^
          Mine is the fancy contraption you can operate from your phone, which I also love.

Comment

I found a pit boss at tractor supply for $399, its very similar to the navigator model that academy sells only the TS model is bigger. I dropped another $100 and ordered the blue tooth control panel from pit boss and replaced the one that came with it. so far i love it. ive smoked cheese, fish, vegetables, pork, chicken, turkey, brisket, prime rib and cooked some steaks the other evening. very versatile. the pit boss isn't top of the line but they are built very well.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
              I’d agree, but I question what the end result really is.

My buddy and I both had Pit Boss Copperhead 5 verticals. He learned how to smoke meats on that. He found himself cooking every weekend and finally got a RecTec Bull something of another? Fancy contraption that he would start from his phone while at work so it was ready to go when he got home. Anyway, he paid about 3x what the pitboss would cost. I’d put the product that came off of mine up against his any day, end product was still great tasting meats.

His just did it with more flash, flare and pizzazz.

Heavier construction, better controller to control temp swings, better apps, etc….

Most of the additional costs are in the materials used and the controller. Otherwise they all have a fan, hot rod, pellet hopper and pellet pot.

Comment

My pitboss is starting to give me issues after 3 years.

If budget isn’t a problem, I’d get a Traeger, rec tec, or pits and spitts

Comment

I had a camp chef several years ago as my first pellet grill, worked great no issues. Upgraded to a Weber smokefire that was great and had great flavor, but proved to be more trouble than it was worth and sent it back. Switched over to a masterbuilt gravity smoker that produced excellent flavored food. Recently gave it up and got a traeger timberline 1300. Only ran about 100lbs of pellets through it so far, but haven’t had any issues. It’s a much heavier unit than others in their lineup coming in around 240lbs. I will say, even when using smoke boost the smoke flavor is very mild, I’ve tried three different brands of pellets so far and added a smoke tube with little increased taste.

If money was no object and I wanted the best of the best I’d probably go with Lone Star Grillz Pellet grill. They’re using the fireboard controller and look to have the smokiness tuned very well.

Comment

Friend of mine bought the Wal Mart brand pellet smoker, and it actually performed very well. Great price, and was great for him to start out with! Never had anything bad come off of it!

Comment

It was this one I believe. Guy also does a review on it on You Tube. May be something worth checking out if wanting to start out on a budget?

Comment

I just got a Recteq 590, but have not cooked anything on it yet. All I've done so far is burn the manufacturing oils off of it. My mom has been in the hospital for months but got to go home a couple of weeks ago. She has to have around the clock care, so I have moved in with her. My Recteq is just sitting on my back porch for now, can't wait to cook something on it.

Comment

I have a Pitboss, the one with the gas grille on right and the pellet smoker on left, also has a little burner on the right outside of pit....not sure model but I couldnt be happier with it. If I had to choose something to change it would be a bigger smoker section so I could do 2 briskets at once. Right now its limited to 1 at a time. It also has the bluetooth wireless feature you can control with your phone, pretty ******

Comment

Originally posted by K. Lane View Post
                            I've had 1 Oklahoma joe...rider I believe it was called, JUNK
                            I've had 2 pit boss' a pro series 1150 & a Brunswick Platinum. Better than decent but did have issues with both igniters going out and although customer service was great and got replacements to me quickly, they were a PITA TO CHANGE OUT
                            I know have the pit boss copperhead 7 vertical...AWESOMENESS

The verticals are nice. Mine is used for Texas Twinkies

Comment

I had really good luck with a Traeger Pro 34 over the past few years. The only time I had issues with it was when I put in some questionable pellets (very small, lots of dust). Otherwise basically flawless with very little maintenance. Temp fluctuations were a concern with 25* in either direction pretty common in regular weather. Not sure what kind of impact it had on the food, if any, as it always turned out good stuff and was easy to use.

Bought a Pitts and Spitts as we work through a patio remodel. Have only used a few times but it's a nice upgrade.

Comment

I've had a Weber Smokefire EX6 for about 3 years now and it's been great.

Comment

Working...
                                X