Missing 18 year POC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by glen View Post
    I keep checking back hoping for a miracle or at least closure for the family and friends. Today should be a good chance of recovery
    I've been following the families FB post and haven't seen any updates.

Comment

I keep checking back hoping for a miracle or at least closure for the family and friends. Today should be a good chance of recovery

Pretty rough on the water today . 20 mph north wind . Small craft advisory. 4to 6 ft seas . Only good thing is has almost all of the barge traffic shut down in the ICW .

Comment

Heard from girlfriend’s mom……The search continues….they saw an image on sonar but a barge was coming thru and didn’t stop…..muddied up the waters! Search continues tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by brianlg31 View Post
          Heard from girlfriend’s mom……The search continues….they saw an image on sonar but a barge was coming thru and didn’t stop…..muddied up the waters! Search continues tomorrow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I was watching barge traffic today . Only barge I seen moving today was the Houston. Crazy anyone was moving in this weather . I was talking to one of our navigation district guys . He told me his grandson was supposed to of went hunting with the guys the night of the accident. For some reason he decided not to go. Very lucky guy .

Comment

Just horrible..

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
              Ive ran a few 100 miles of lake, bay and marsh in the dark. Fog and clear sky. IMO no light is better than any 90% of the time. ESPECIALLY THOSE IDIOTS WITH LIGHT BARS Bow light at most. Occasional spot light to verify position.

The first time I crossed east matty via gps was amazing. Zero light till we came off plane. hit the light and there was our marker.

Yep. I'd rather have no lights then have everything lit up like the 4th of July. First thing I do when running at night is dim all my lights.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                They have their place, and it's not on the console lol. But seriously, I agree 90% of the time they're not needed and you're better off with them with any ambient light around, but mine saved me from running over a kayaker with no lights a while back and they're great for maneuvering rough bays at night in my boat at least. Biggest problem I see is people putting them on the console, then as soon as they turn the light on they're stuck with it because their night vision is screwed from the reflection. On the bow I can flip it on for a bit if needed and back off and still see fine which allows for turning it off when other boats are around so as not to light them up.

That discussion is irrelevant here though as it seems the boat in this incident was disabled due to running out of fuel.

edit: Having a light bar is also very useful when an oncoming boat with a lightbar doesn't turn his off and is blinding that shat out of you.
                I love mine on the bow but rarely use it when running at night. It sure is nice to be able to flip it on every now and then though.

Comment

Well the shrimp boats are dragging the ICW. Hope they are able to find this young man for family closure

Comment

Well the shrimp boats are dragging the ICW. Hope they are able to find this young man for family closure
                    Dang.

Prayers for this young man's family and friends.

Comment

I keep coming back and hoping for good news, now praying for closure for the family.

Comment

Man this is crazy.. I'm still not giving up hope that he is somehow alive somewhere but I know it's a very long shot!!!

Comment

Praying for the family…can’t imagine what they are going through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Will the barge company and tug captains face any fines or charges? I feel like they have a duty to not run a boat over, dark or not.

Comment

Prayers up for family!

Comment

Originally posted by TexasBob View Post
                                Will the barge company and tug captains face any fines or charges? I feel like they have a duty to not run a boat over, dark or not.
                                Could be but a barge is a little like a train. Can't just slam on the breaks and stop.

Comment

Working...
                                X