Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
    You must not have been out much recently,
    That sh77 is happen here in US as well, sucks.
    True story, pretty much just described America lol

Comment

I hate it when the wind blows so hard it changes the oceans current… lol

Comment

Mexico is cool for what it is.

After being stationed in SE Alabama and the wife and I were in Destin often… from now on we are just going to rent a place on 30a. Yeah it might be a little more expensive and I will have to cook meals(which I enjoy doing) but we both said we preferred it over Mexico.

Want a good view while on vacation? Go to Romania for a week. It’s cheap once you are there, don’t know the cost of flights though. Hang out in Bucharest for a few days then dead down to Constanta. Chill on the beach drinking and eyeing the topless women through your dark sunglasses. After 7 months in Poland… it sure was a nice change of scenery. Haha.

Comment

Originally posted by Low Fence View Post
          Lol. Cliff notes:

“I don’t like the beach,…so I planned a trip that is centered around the beach as it’s main attraction. I didn’t have the best time doing what I don’t like.”

Probably. But the wife and kids wanted to go so I went.

Been, don’t plan to go back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
            Some of you guys have really wild imaginations…

For $3500 bucks you can get on a plane for 2 hours, take a short cab ride, and spend 3-5 days at a beautiful 5 star resort where you can have any food or drink you want, set around a pool/beach, and never hear a phone ring. There’s golf, and adventures there if you want them. It’s very simple.

At this point I’m kinda done with it, but we used to go every year and it was a ton of fun. I’d still rather go to Mexico than Florida…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Pretty accurate.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post

After being stationed in SE Alabama and the wife and I were in Destin often… from now on we are just going to rent a place on 30a. Yeah it might be a little more expensive and I will have to cook meals(which I enjoy doing) but we both said we preferred it over Mexico.

Want a good view while on vacation? Go to Romania for a week. It’s cheap once you are there, don’t know the cost of flights though. Hang out in Bucharest for a few days then dead down to Constanta. Chill on the beach drinking and eyeing the topless women through your dark sunglasses. After 7 months in Poland… it sure was a nice change of scenery. Haha.
              30a isn't a LITTLE more expensive. After this past summer I vowed to never go back to 30a again between May 15th and August 15th. Can't stand the crowds, can't get into a restaurant at all, we stay in beach front houses and pay for beach chairs, but I couldn't imagine going to the 30a beach otherwise. Traffic is horrible the last 150 miles, sometimes stand still. It has gotten terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by DosToros View Post
                30a isn't a LITTLE more expensive. After this past summer I vowed to never go back to 30a again between May 15th and August 15th. Can't stand the crowds, can't get into a restaurant at all, we stay in beach front houses and pay for beach chairs, but I couldn't imagine going to the 30a beach otherwise. Traffic is horrible the last 150 miles, sometimes stand still. It has gotten terrible.

We did Gulf Shores year before last for a baseball tournament. I knew how it was gonna be, so I prepped myself, and I beat the system a few times, but I’ll never go back.

If I started packing the car right now for Flori-Bama, I could still be in playa mujeres faster and easier and even money at worst. I’d miss the seafood, but whatever.

My son is 11 now, and he digs the mountains. I may be done with beaches for my life, but if I need to go back, I know how!

I don’t know how some people here tie their shoes, after some of the struggles I read about with things like vacations, and buying cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nothing worse than going to a beach, to dang hot. Done lots of fishing all over the world and I’m done with that to

Comment

30a condo alone for a week was more than my wife and I spent in Isla Mujeres for 18 days food and lodging. Isla is a very small island and it doesn’t wake up until about 9a and it’s almost a ghost town by midnight. Never have I not felt safe.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                      30a condo alone for a week was more than my wife and I spent in Isla Mujeres for 18 days food and lodging. Isla is a very small island and it doesn’t wake up until about 9a and it’s almost a ghost town by midnight. Never have I not felt safe.
                      It’s been many years, but we really enjoyed Isla. It was like going back in time.

Comment

Isla is the bomb. I enjoy 30A, but it doesn't compare.

Whole lotta fail on this thread.

Comment

Some of y’all on here

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post

Oh if I were single that's where I'd go.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                            Last edited by Burntorange Bowhunter; 01-28-2023, 06:54 AM.

Comment

Something else I like about Mexico.

I can't remember running into an ahole down there. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. Even the guys trying to sell you cocaine at the marina.

On the other hand I've been to every single state in the western US from ok north except Hawaii and every state along the gulf coast. Some multiple times. Canada twice and all by car but Alaska. Been an ahole or 3 every trip. Even residents in tourist cities.

I guess the people in Mexico want your money more. Good thing is, it takes less of it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
                                Something else I like about Mexico.

I can't remember running into an ahole down there. Everyone is pleasant and friendly. Even the guys trying to sell you cocaine at the marina.

On the other hand I've been to every single state in the western US from ok north except Hawaii and every state along the gulf coast. Some multiple times. Canada twice and all by car but Alaska. Been an ahole or 3 every trip. Even residents in tourist cities.

I guess the people in Mexico want your money more. Good thing is, it takes less of it.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

A very interesting perspective. Can’t say I’d disagree with you on this.

Comment

Working...
                                X