No announcement yet.

Weather guys

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I wouldn’t mind a few days off sitting by the fire. Generator is ready if I need it.

Comment

Looks very much like a normal February pattern to me.

Comment

I am having new siding put on my house. So I can almost guarantee lots of bad weather and precipitation over the next couple weeks.

Comment

Might have to cover our shrubs again.

Comment

Originally posted by RobynHood View Post
            Might have to cover our shrubs again.
            And faucets.

Comment

Trending colder. A few more days of runs like this and its going to be a mess with several rounds of freezing drizzle, freezing rain, sleet
              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by ultrastealth View Post
                Looks very much like a normal February pattern to me.
                True- seems somewhere between 2/10 and 2/20 always delivers the worst of winter that we see.

This is valid for 2/27, that’s a long way off, but models are hinting at arctic air. This forecast model doesn’t really translate to super cold for Texas. That intrusion position and angle would put most of Texas on the western edge and the core of the cold east of us.

But we are talking 2 weeks out. Lots can change

Click image for larger version

Name:	6BB6CF94-B4E6-4E1A-AC7E-9F6C2D063ABE.png
Views:	1
Size:	196.0 KB
ID:	24705044

Comment

Started watching this guy a couple months ago. He has been pretty spot on. Have not watched the video I’m linking here, will watch it later and see what he is calling for.

Comment

I still have some firewood for sell!!
                    Just letting y’all know

Comment

OMG ITS GONNA GET COLD IN FEBRUARY!

It’s winter. No ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase4556 View Post
                        https://youtu.be/UrN2w3OV498

Started watching this guy a couple months ago. He has been pretty spot on. Have not watched the video I’m linking here, will watch it later and see what he is calling for.
                        I posted his link in the storm thread a couple of days ago. He shows the models and gives a good explanation of what may or is likely to happen. His isn’t always doom and gloom sensationalism either. I have seen the national weather service show a line of possibly heavy storms somewhere the country for the next day. He might add, yes it is possible but this dry line is doing this and that outflow is doing that and I don’t think that area is going to be hit that hard but stay aware.

A couple of weeks ago he was giving he giving an update on similar storms as we had a couple days ago. He said something like I don’t see it really picking up until it gets out halfway through Louisiana, then Mississippi and Alabama might be in for it. I think Alabama ended up having more than a dozen tornadoes and several deaths.

Comment

Great, we'll be down end of Feb. for our annual hog hunt. Really hoping it is warmer down there than up here but as usual cold will probably follow us down.

The bitter cold is taking it's time getting to us but roads are still closed, I-80, across the state this morning. Supposed to get here tonight.
                          Might be later sinking down into Texas.

Comment

Praying it doesn’t get that cold. I’m worried that with the mild winter thus far it will zap the grass and set back grazing late into spring. I barely have enough hay to get me into March, so that would be killer for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ice storm forecast now for parts of West Texas and up into N Texas.
                              Saying maybe 1 inch of ice.

Comment

Not the dreaded “Ice Storm” I do not mind the cold but please no ice in north Texas.

Comment

Working...
                                X