Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the allure in going to a resort in Mexico?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its cheaper to go to Mexico for the week than Galveston IMO. We are going back in April
    Last edited by buzzbait; 01-26-2023, 12:11 PM. Reason: Double post

Comment

Mexico

Its cheaper to go to Mexico than Galveston for a week IMO. We are headed back in April
      Attached Files

Comment

Some of you guys sound like a joy to be around!

Comment

Originally posted by ClayW View Post
          Some of you guys sound like a joy to be around!

Hahahahaha

Comment

Originally posted by RiverRat1 View Post
            I went a long time ago and don't recall anything special. Food was good but not great. Just a bunch of Americans inside a big resort with a nice swimming pool. Wasn't really all that cheap either.

What did I miss? Why do people like going there so much, just a good place to get drunk and relax or??
            It's for the wives.

Comment

Do this in the US- Wife got to catch a few dorado and we got to swim with probably 20 whale sharks and then got in pods of big rays. The Capt. then made ceviche out of the fish my wife caught. Took us to a private area and we snorkeled a reef and ate fresh lunch. Spent about 10 hours in water just wife and I for about $600 and that was tip and all. We stayed at a hotel- ate at local places- and spent 18 days there for under $5k total.
              Attached Files

Comment

We have also been to several Sandals Resorts and although expensive worth every dollar. Considering Thailand for a few weeks in the next year or two. Headed to Vancouver Island for about 10 days this Summer.

The all-inclusive for a family vacation is very easy- Did several with my kids and it was easy planning and kids loved it. The resorts we went to were in Bahamas and Mexico mostly. Ease of planning- price- access to good water and fishing.

Went to one in Myrtle Beach and it was a lot more expensive and less of an experience
                Last edited by glen; 01-26-2023, 12:33 PM.

Comment

My wife and I have a lot of fun traveling to Mexico. She shops and I play golf/fish. We've done some touring of the cities, hang out at the beach/pool, tequila tasting, etc... We've even stayed at some family friendly resorts with our 2 kids, and they enjoy it as well.

We like to travel the US as well, but cost wise it generally is cheaper to travel to Mexico all-inclusive when compared to traveling the US, and we have just as much fun.

Comment

Have been to Cozumel, Puerta Vallarta, Cabo and Mexico City. Enjoyed each adventure but.wont be going back. Too many places I have bot been to repeat.

Comment

Cabo and East Cape - Roosterfish from the sand.

This would be the only deal I would even think about down there. Better to go to Costa Rica IMO. Has a ton more going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                        Do this in the US- Wife got to catch a few dorado and we got to swim with probably 20 whale sharks and then got in pods of big rays. The Capt. then made ceviche out of the fish my wife caught. Took us to a private area and we snorkeled a reef and ate fresh lunch. Spent about 10 hours in water just wife and I for about $600 and that was tip and all. We stayed at a hotel- ate at local places- and spent 18 days there for under $5k total.
                        My BIL and I went swimming with the whale sharks in Mexico on a small boat (about 12 of us) we could go as long and many times as we wanted (under law we had to be out by a certain time). Same thing. Fresh ceviche for lunch, turn key…. $200

Comment

The thing that is odd to me are the couples that go to these resorts and sit at the pool drinking mai-tais. I want to be snorkeling, fishing, or surfing. Screw the alcohol and pool. To each his own though.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                            Considering Thailand for a few weeks in the next year or two.
                            If I was single, I would stay in Thailand from December 1 to April 1 every year.

Comment

Originally posted by piercebronkite View Post
                              Screw, the alcohol and pool. To each his own though.
                              I added a comma for you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wife and I are headed to playa next week.....you guys are not doing it right if you don't have a good time staying at a resort in Mexico.

Comment

Working...
                                X