No announcement yet.

Old grey wolf..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maybe, but it sure seems like a culture thing with cumulus radio?

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
    They gave Danny some good opportunities to be on the air more once Rhyner left. He did okay, but i'm guessing it was a promotion without a raise. clearly they don't pay their quasi-support staff anything close to a living wage.

Comment

As others, I left the Ticket in 2020 with the changes. Rhynes retirement created the abomination of Corby and Sturm. I hope they feel the heat at the Ticket. The only host worth a **** is GK. I am tuning in to listen to the Freak a lot more these days. Agree it was disjointed at first. The addition of Danny Paul to the Downbeat will be interesting...Corby has to be p****d since it seemed he and Danny were very close.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        They gave Danny some good opportunities to be on the air more once Rhyner left. He did okay, but i'm guessing it was a promotion without a raise. clearly they don't pay their quasi-support staff anything close to a living wage.
        I think the Ticket's ratings pretty much carry 3 or 4 stations for Cumulus D/FW, so they pay the on air hosts pretty well to keep them, but everyone else is deemed "expendable". It doesn't seem sustainable now that the young talent is getting away. That's part of the reason it boggles my mind that they keep Norm around.

Comment

Originally posted by Tcooper93 View Post
          As others, I left the Ticket in 2020 with the changes. Rhynes retirement created the abomination of Corby and Sturm. I hope they feel the heat at the Ticket. The only host worth a **** is GK. I am tuning in to listen to the Freak a lot more these days. Agree it was disjointed at first. The addition of Danny Paul to the Downbeat will be interesting...Corby has to be p****d since it seemed he and Danny were very close.
          If they were, that should tell Corky something....

I'm convinced he's the main reason Rhynes left in the first place.

Comment

My 100% speculation on all things Ticket / Rhyner:

I think Rhyner, i know he's dead, left because: 1 - he could, 2 - the culture has / had changed. Too much corporate BS. I'm a Day 1, P1. From the days when the dang signal couldn't reach Cedar Hill, Fax Fodder, all of it. In those days it was some cowboy radio, and those boys has FUN. Over the decades that has changed. Clock over content, etc. etc. Mike finally got into a deal that worked, and made some money. Quite a change for a guy that had been an FM, morning drive, sports guy and yuck monkey. He had enough money to walk away, and wasn't having fun. The Irish Exit told me all i needed to know. He, i believe, was perfectly content in retirement, and another opportunity came along. The 'radio guy' in him wasn't done, so he got back in the game. But this time he knows some people. So, he lined up Sirois (sp?), J Dobbs, Danny, etc. And off we go into the new venture. If he could figure out a way to blast the morning show off the Ticket he would.

Sirois, as far as i can figure, is semi-independently wealthy, he could afford to take a vacay waiting to join the Fun Bunch on the new station.

Danny? Reasons top leave?
            1. More money as a show host. Good for him.
            2. Robert Sturm
            3. More money as a show host.
            4. Dan McDowell
            5. More money as a show host.
            6. Corby Davidson - F him. Luckiest bastage in the world to even have his job.
            7. More money as a show host.
            8. Cumulus BS

You get the idea. I like the sound of the new afternoon show. Will have to grow into the others. The Ticket is dying a slow death. Putting G. Keith all over the air is not the answer. I doubt the station will die. It'll just never be the same. Time marches on. Oh well. It's really like having a friend that had a bad stroke. They're still there, but it's not the same, and it'll never be the same. Remember the good times. So long Old Ticket.

Oh and one more time - Eff C. Davidson.
            Last edited by mikemorvan; 11-30-2022, 11:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mikemorvan View Post
              My 100% speculation on all things Ticket / Rhyner:

I think Rhyner, i know he's dead, left because: 1 - he could, 2 - the culture has / had changed. Too much corporate BS. I'm a Day 1, P1. From the days when the dang signal couldn't reach Cedar Hill, Fax Fodder, all of it. In those days it was some cowboy radio, and those boys has FUN. Over the decades that has changed. Clock over content, etc. etc. Mike finally got into a deal that worked, and made some money. Quite a change for a guy that had been an FM, morning drive, sports guy and yuck monkey. He had enough money to walk away, and wasn't having fun. The Irish Exit told me all i needed to know. He, i believe, was perfectly content in retirement, and another opportunity came along. The 'radio guy' in him wasn't done, so he got back in the game. But this time he knows some people. So, he lined up Sirois (sp?), J Dobbs, Danny, etc. And off we go into the new venture. If he could figure out a way to blast the morning show off the Ticket he would.

Sirois, as far as i can figure, is semi-independently wealthy, he could afford to take a vacay waiting to join the Fun Bunch on the new station.

Danny? Reasons top leave?
              1. More money as a show host. Good for him.
              2. Robert Sturm
              3. More money as a show host.
              4. Dan McDowell
              5. More money as a show host.
              6. Corby Davidson - F him. Luckiest bastage in the world to even have his job.
              7. More money as a show host.
              8. Cumulus BS

You get the idea. I like the sound of the new afternoon show. Will have to grow into the others. The Ticket is dying a slow death. Putting G. Keith all over the air is not the answer. I doubt the station will die. It'll just never be the same. Time marches on. Oh well. It's really like having a friend that had a bad stroke. They're still there, but it's not the same, and it'll never be the same. Remember the good times. So long Old Ticket.

Oh and one more time - Eff C. Davidson.
              This is the story I have heard as well. Just wondering how much Mike disliked some of the on-air talent like Corby or Bob. I'm not sure we will ever know that part of the story. But, putting those 2 together on the Hardline was the death blow for what was once a great station...RIP little Ticket

Comment

Go Rhyner! The Ticket ain’t nothing but a bunch of woke azz idiots like Yankee Sturm and Corby! Only thing left there that’s worth a flip is Gordon. Maybe he will leave too and join Mike!

Comment

They are just changing up to satisfy their new generation demo. As we get older new generations come into their key demo and they want to get their ears and most of the young Dallasites can relate to Jake and Corby and the others.

I still listen everyday and all day. They each get on my nerves from time to time and I disagree with some of their stances on things. But I don’t need my entertainment to line up perfectly with my political or world views to consume. They entertain me and that’s all it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by erikm1981 View Post
                    They are just changing up to satisfy their new generation demo. As we get older new generations come into their key demo and they want to get their ears and most of the young Dallasites can relate to Jake and Corby and the others.

I still listen everyday and all day. They each get on my nerves from time to time and I disagree with some of their stances on things. But I don’t need my entertainment to line up perfectly with my political or world views to consume. They entertain me and that’s all it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                    Prayers sent. I used to, then when Rhynes left, I did too. I do miss Gordo though. Most over qualified person to ever work at the Ticket.

Comment

please dont let gordon go to the freak. no doubt hes a smart/talented guy but he forces comedy too much and the characters are an immediate channel switch.

i respect ben and skins talent as well but sometimes they force the comedy too much also.

the only person i would like to see end up at 97.1 is jake, looks like its an umpopular opinion here but i like the guy.

Comment

How do you not like " fake contractor cody, chris chris, greg olsen, jerry" to name a few?

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                        please dont let gordon go to the freak. no doubt hes a smart/talented guy but he forces comedy too much and the characters are an immediate channel switch.

i respect ben and skins talent as well but sometimes they force the comedy too much also.

the only person i would like to see end up at 97.1 is jake, looks like its an umpopular opinion here but i like the guy.

Comment

Originally posted by bbqfan5909 View Post
                          How do you not like " fake contractor cody, chris chris, greg olsen, jerry" to name a few?
                          because they arent funny. none of'em. not even a little bit.

Comment

I like how the all the on air Freak personalities mention working at the ticket in a positive way. They enjoyed their time at the Ticket, and look back on it fondly. No bashing. I don't recall the ticket even mentioning the new station. The Ticket's ratings are ginormous compared to anything else. I punch back a forth a little during drive home time. Competition is good.

Comment

Originally posted by jshouse View Post
                              because they arent funny. none of'em. not even a little bit.
                              Science has proven this is untrue. The genius that can name that supernatural occurrence of when you vomit so violently your body seems to cross over to death and back, scream vomiting, is a rare genius indeed.

Comment

And also scream diarrhea

Comment

Working...
                                X