Bow Losing Poundage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bow Losing Poundage

I’ve got my old Matthews Drenalin limb bolts tightened up all the way and when I put it on a luggage scale, it hits 60 lbs before rolling into the valley. The limbs are 70 lbs. I tested the scale and it’s spot on at 30 lbs (all I had on hand was a fresh bag of dog food). Assuming the scale is still good, do limbs weaken over time?

How old are the strings/cables?

Comment

Originally posted by MnM View Post
      How old are the strings/cables?
      10 months or so

Comment

My bow is just as old and still reads 62lbs like it did when I got it, I suppose that could happen though

Comment

In my opinion something has stretched on the strings or cables unless you see a visual issue with the limbs

Comment

Last summer I went thru my Q2Xl and encountered the same issue with new GAS strings.

I took everything off the bow and put it in spec (brace height, axle to axle, etc)

I noticed that I needed to really play with the string twist to get the pondage up and the also twist at the yoke to get it shooting the bullets that I wanted.

Comment

I've heard/read about this happening when strings start wearing heavily, but I've never heard of a 10lb reduction. Usually 1-3lbs. Wonder if something else is going on here.

Comment

If I’m not mistaken, that is a slomocam (solo cam). Cam may be out of sync, string)cables stretched or need twists. Possible limb deflection issue, but I’d lean toward my previous recommendations.

Comment

Originally posted by Razorback01 View Post
                  If I’m not mistaken, that is a slomocam (solo cam). Cam may be out of sync, string)cables stretched or need twists. Possible limb deflection issue, but I’d lean toward my previous recommendations.
                  Crud....yeah its a Solocam.

Comment

Max out the limbs and then check the two timing marks on the cam. One is on the inside of limbs, other is outside. Straight edge both marks and see if they are running pretty parallel with the string. Twists out/in to the string will make the according adjustment. See where your pull weight is after the adjustment. You can add twists into the cables to up the poundage. Keep an eye on your specs to stay close. You'll see a poundage increase.

Sent from my SM-G715A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BowPro73 View Post
                      Max out the limbs and then check the two timing marks on the cam. One is on the inside of limbs, other is outside. Straight edge both marks and see if they are running pretty parallel with the string. Twists out/in to the string will make the according adjustment. See where your pull weight is after the adjustment. You can add twists into the cables to up the poundage. Keep an eye on your specs to stay close. You'll see a poundage increase.

This is exactly what I did! It was out of time by quite a bit. I put 2 twist into the cable and the timing marks are perfect. Box is maxed out at 68. I can live with that. Now I have to tune it and sight it back in! I appreciate everyone’s input

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                        This is exactly what I did! It was out of time by quite a bit. I put 2 twist into the cable and the timing marks are perfect. Box is maxed out at 68. I can live with that. Now I have to tune it and sight it back in! I appreciate everyone’s input
                        Good to know you got it fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by highspeed View Post
                          Excellent! Happy tuning. [emoji16]

Comment

Working...
                          X