Base and Ring Suggestions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Base and Ring Suggestions

I started a thread a week or so ago regarding scope suggestions and now need base and ring opinions. They will go on a Remington Sendero 7mag and I think I'd like to go with a 1 piece picatinny rail this time. I don't plan on shooting long range so I don't think I need a rail with MOA built in? The scope tube diameter is 30mm. I'm looking for a good solid set-up, but I don't have the budget for the super high end mounts. Thanks in again!

Also I know I need a Remington 700 Long Action base, but the bases I'm seeing say for ADL or BDL and the Sendero is neither as far as I know. Does it matter?

Comment

Originally posted by cwill View Post
      Also I know I need a Remington 700 Long Action base, but the bases I'm seeing say for ADL or BDL and the Sendero is neither as far as I know. Does it matter?
      Your rail needs to be for a Rem 700 LA.

Comment

ADL BDL doesn’t matter for mounts one piece base you will need LA for 7mm Remington Magnum

Comment

Leopold are good ring and bases that’s all I use on my Remingtons but, I personally do not like one piece bases because they get in the way when try to load the gun

Comment

Buy precision machined scope mounts for Remington rifles. Browse for the best scope mounts for Remington 700, 783, Model 7, 7400, 7600, 7615,750, 770,710,715, 742, 760, 597, Shotguns & Remington Genesis.

Not a pic rail but it would work.

Comment

No it doesn’t matter. A 700LA action is the same across the board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Tally one piece mount/rings is what I just put on my new to me rem 700. Their extended set gave me enough rear movement to get things right.

Pic rail is nice these days with scopes having shorter more compact main tubes. Allows a lot more versatility in where you place the rings to give the right eye relief. Saw a Trijicon option on ExpertVoice and they have Warne on there too, would think you could find one.
                Attached Files

Comment

Nightforce 0 mao rail and nightfirce ultralight rings. Low rings will fit just right. You can save $30-40 and go with Leupold mark 4 rings as well.
                  Last edited by kck; 11-26-2022, 03:26 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Seems like most of the higher end rails are 15-20 MOA. Is there any negative to going with a 20 MOA rail if I don't necessarily need it? Is it noticeable to the eye when mounted?

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions thus far. Seems like most of the higher end rails are 15-20 MOA. Is there any negative to going with a 20 MOA rail if I don't necessarily need it? Is it noticeable to the eye when mounted?

It won’t hunt. I’ve had rifles with 20 MOA and ones without and can’t tell a difference when looking through the scope. Only trouble you may run into is getting on paper. Your POI will be considerably higher if you start at 25-50 and walk it back. I would strongly recommend a good bore sight job before heading to the range.

You can also bore sight yourself if you can get the rifle completely steady on a rest. Pull the bolt out, look down the barrel from the butt stock, line the bore up with your target, then without moving the gun, look through the scope and adjust the crosshairs to the same mark you lined up in the bore. Takes some practice but it’s the only way I do it on my bolt guns.

Comment

Ken Farrell is what I run on all my rifles

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

Comment

Tally one piece gets my vote!

Comment

I use Warne bases and rings. Moderately priced and have been solid. They make both one and two piece bases for the Remington 700.

Comment

Talley one piece and be done.

Sierracharlie out....

Comment

Working...
                              X