hurricane season 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CrownKiller14 View Post
    Looks like they're getting some of the outter bands of wind.

https://www.windfinder.com/#9/27.1533/-82.5403
    That website is pretty interesting. Crazy how much of an area the storm affects and pulls the wind from.

Comment

Earth cam in Naples.

EarthCam presents live 360 degree views of sunsets over the Gulf of Mexico and sunrises over the Naples City Docks. Live fireworks from the Naples Pier on New Years Eve is our preview event.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post
        That website is pretty interesting. Crazy how much of an area the storm affects and pulls the wind from.
        I've road out a couple and its amazing/ scary how you can have 75+ mph winds from several different directions in one night.

I love windfinder they have an app also.

It helps and idiot like myself pick the correct stand..
        Last edited by CrownKiller14; 09-28-2022, 08:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BayouCat View Post
          That pier will not be there tomorrow. Will be interesting to watch the progression. Get the kids off that pier!

Comment

Work friend is 80miles north of the projected land fall. I told him good luck and I would be praying. CAT3 or higher and I am packing up and heading out. No reason to stay and hope.

Comment

Originally posted by C-dubyah View Post
              Prayers up for sure. I heard a report that there are a lot of older citizens that decided to ride the storm out. Call it what you want but this is a Cat 5 and it's going to be devastating. Even if you survive the flooding, the storm surge, the winds, you will still be without water and power for weeks. The roads will probably be washed out or blocked with debris so you can't leave. Why would you want to put yourself through that? I hope the report is wrong.
              Yea for Laura my mom was looking for all kinds of excuses to stay. I said Mom there is going to be no power for weeks and its gonna be hot as hades. You're leaving and ur not comin back until your house has power. That took over 3 weeks btw

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers up for sure. I heard a report that there are a lot of older citizens that decided to ride the storm out. Call it what you want but this is a Cat 5 and it's going to be devastating. Even if you survive the flooding, the storm surge, the winds, you will still be without water and power for weeks. The roads will probably be washed out or blocked with debris so you can't leave. Why would you want to put yourself through that? I hope the report is wrong.
                NHC gets a B for track prediction but an F for strength predicted. They were saying all along it would interact with dry air and make landfall as a cat 1.
                Hurricane hunters were looking at it saying they’ve never a storm get in the gulf this time of year and weaken that much.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackmouth View Post

From MyRadar app….

It is video but I can’t load video on tapatalk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Just found out my aunt and some friends were in Naples and almost left but with the earlier track suggesting more of a north of tampa/panhandle landfall they decided to stay put. Not going to be a fun ride for them and hoping they make it through.

This thing is a monster and I didn't understand the weakening projections earlier this week.

Comment

My brother-in-law's elderly dad and some of his friends decided to ride it out. They live in Venice, florida. It is going to be really bad there, so prayers would be appreciated.

Comment

Those that decided to ride it out and survive will tell you never again after this over.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Prayers for Florida and Sanibel Island. We love vacationing there and they are getting hit pretty hard

Comment

Originally posted by 150class View Post
                            Just found out my aunt and some friends were in Naples and almost left but with the earlier track suggesting more of a north of tampa/panhandle landfall they decided to stay put. Not going to be a fun ride for them and hoping they make it through.

This thing is a monster and I didn't understand the weakening projections earlier this week.
                            I talked to a friend who lives in Naples a couple days ago and he also said he was going to stay put based on that earlier projected track. Can't reach him now - I hope he changed his mind and got out

Comment

Originally posted by tbgascorer View Post
                              That pier will not be there tomorrow. Will be interesting to watch the progression. Get the kids off that pier!
                              I think I just saw some pieces break off already and going into the water to the right
                              Attached Files

Comment

I did a run on the GFS Model and it shows that this thing kicks back out into the Atlantic and redevelops into another hurricane about 10 days from now. 10 days is a long way out but that is what it shows.

Comment

Working...
                                X