Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not interested in the technical aspects of archery/tuning/etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
    Have you ever killed a decent buck?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    How much tech knowledge does a fella need to kill a good buck?

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
      I use to be that way. When I got fired up about western hunting and shooting 100 yards, I became way more involved in it.
      I tinkered a lot, especially with arrow builds. There is not a whole of tinkering on a bow really, but arrows seem unlimited.

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
        I approve this thread. Hunted with shotguns and rifles for about 56 years. Bow hunted now for 34 years. Don’t know how to tweek any of em. I prefer to pay a professional other than sighting in.
        Dang, how old are you? Hahaha

My first thought was, well dumb.

OP, I have been using a bow for the last 8 years and got hooked immediately. Rarely hunt rifle anymore. I am somewhat like you, if it hits where I am aiming I am good. I cant afford the Africa hunts or take shots over 40 yards. If I could/need to, I might get more into learning about arrow spin, FOC, and all that.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
          I approve this thread. Hunted with shotguns and rifles for about 56 years. Bow hunted now for 34 years. Don’t know how to tweek any of em. I prefer to pay a professional other than sighting in.
          Dang, how old are you? Hahaha

My first thought was, well dumb.

OP, I have been using a bow for the last 8 years and got hooked immediately. Rarely hunt rifle anymore. I am somewhat like you, if it hits where I am aiming I am good. I cant afford the Africa hunts and dont take shots over 40 yards. If I could/need to, I might get more into learning about arrow spin, FOC, and all that.

J

Comment

I use to pretty much live in the old South Tx archery shop in Victoria when Jack owned it . Almost every day off I was there . Between Jack , the late Tomb, Richie,Randy and James . I learned a lot . I pretty much still do all my own stuff . Bout the only thing I can’t do at home now Is build strings . I have the 4post set up just no stretcher .

Comment

I also trust the bow shop to handle all of my tuning needs, I’ll just stick to sighting in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I use to coach 4H archery, I learned way more about tuning and adjusting bows than I ever wanted to. Now at the ripe ole age of 64, I found it much more beneficial to tune my body then the bow. My bow doesn't get out of sync near as easily as my body does.

Comment

dilly dilly

Comment

I’ve tried getting into tuning but lost interest real quick. I take my bows to reputable bow shops and let them work their magic. Less stress and frustration for me

Comment

I take my bows to Amazon

Comment

I don't get too into the weeds but I do enjoy having the knowledge and ability to set up my bow as well as arrows to a specific scenario/need. Also this way with guns as well. I have also saved a number of hunts for myself and others by being handy and knowledgeable with the tools we use (guns and bows). Scouting and all the other actual hunting stuff I definitely enjoy more.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          I take my bows to Amazon

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                            I take my bows to Amazon

Do they sell single bevel adult arrows on Amazon?

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                              How much tech knowledge does a fella need to kill a good buck?
                              A lot. It's really the only way it's possible.
                              Last edited by Graysonhogs; 09-20-2022, 03:16 PM.

Comment

I'm a bowhunter, not a competitive archer---if my bow really needs a tune, I go to the Bow Shop and get Fred involved---in fact, I need to see him before the season starts to get some new string thingies tied in--

Comment

Working...
                                X