Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else not interested in the technical aspects of archery/tuning/etc?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Picked up a beginner bow for the 1st time 3 years ago. This summer upgraded with a Mathews once I knew I was hooked on bow hunting. I really have little to no interest in the technical side of it. Really appreciate the guys at the bow shop for that. I like to have it dialed in and leave it alone. I can see how it would be beneficial if your getting off the grid on some bigger hunting trips to have that knowledge in the field.

Comment

I didn’t know anything about tuning until about 2000 when someone mentioned I should shoot through paper. That’s was good info and that’s really about I ever worry about. Killed lots of still since 86

Comment

I know just enough about the technical side to mess with stuff when I shouldn't! I actually love tinkering with my bow and arrows and wish I had more time and equipment so I could learn to do everything my self. I think a good local shop makes the most sense for the majority, but no all of us are blessed with such a shop. Nothing more frustrating than having someone work on your equipment that isn't capable and it always ends with more time and money spent.

Comment

I used to want to be knowledgeable about it, but no more...same with rifle bullets.

Originally posted by WCB View Post
          I tune enough to be proficient at killin stuff. Then I'm done...
          Originally posted by Graysonhogs View Post
          Have you ever killed a decent buck?
          Oh, my goodness! You have now opened the door. I think he may have killed a good buck at Hagerman.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hahahahahaha.........Lord help us!

Comment

Originally posted by Gumbo Man View Post
              I approve this thread. Hunted with shotguns and rifles for about 56 years. Bow hunted now for 34 years. Don’t know how to tweek any of em. I prefer to pay a professional other than sighting in.
              Question? do you go up to go down or down to go up

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                Originally posted by Burnadell View Post
                I used to want to be knowledgeable about it, but no more...same with rifle bullets.

Oh, my goodness! You have now opened the door. I think he may have killed a good buck at Hagerman.
                Originally posted by Smart View Post
                Hahahahahaha.........Lord help us!
                Dis gonna be good well, unless WCB decides to keep quiet about his Hag buck for a change

Comment

Same. I don’t have any idea how much my arrows weigh or my kinetic energy or how FOC is or what have you. I don’t know my exact draw weight in my bow, think it’s 60lbs. Looked up a spine chart for my draw length and weight and have some middle of the road arrows. Shoot and hit where I aim at and I’m good.

Honestly same with rifle hunting. Factory ammo, my scopes don’t have dials and levers and such. Wood stocks on my guns and regular old calibers of 270, 243, 30-06 etc. boring.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm with the OP except that I do tune to have my practice arrows and broadheads shoot to the same point of impact.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
                      I tried to get into it, but it wasn't to be.
                      IMO, if I can hit a tennis ball at 20 yards, that's good enough for what I do.
                      X2

Comment

I use to be that way. When I got fired up about western hunting and shooting 100 yards, I became way more involved in it.

Comment

Originally posted by solocam_aggie View Post
                          I use to be that way. When I got fired up about western hunting and shooting 100 yards, I became way more involved in it.
                          That was me last summer. Honestly killing a deer at 15-20 yards seems almost as easy as rifle hunting after all the time and work it took to get me and my bow accurate at 60-70 yards.

Comment

I'm mildly interested in the technical aspects of how things work, as I am with many mechanical tools, but the tuning is mind numbingly boring.

I'm somewhat interested in the different theories on arrow weights/foc/broadhead performance though. I lean heavy in that dept anyway, so when I got my 1st new bow in 12 years last year I built all new arrows at 530grs a piece...really like how they work on hogs so far.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnadell View Post

Never heard of it. Is this some type of IPA or something?

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Question? do you go up to go down or down to go up

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
                                Down to go up, if you are adjusting pin on front sight.

Comment

Working...
                                X