Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2022 -2023 Duck Season Thread!!!!!!

It's getting close Folks!
    Jumping & Ready for my 16 day run on the teal in Sept!

Good Luck to All!!

ready to smack em and stack em!

Comment

In.

Comment

Comment

Looking forward to your teal run David!

Comment

Yes sir David is a animal

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CTR0022 View Post
              LMAO

Sent from my LM-X210APM using Tapatalk

Comment

That is very true right there!

Comment

Will be interesting to see how thick the teal get in certain areas with the lack of water there will be.

Comment

Looking forwards to it.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

Comment

I'ma ready for the cool weather!

As for teal, there's still plenty of time to rain and fill/make some potholes down here. I haven't looked on the river yet, to see if there is anything nesting there. But did see 2 doz local Canada's just over some roof tops Saturday morning while biking riding.

And thanks to Dave, for starting this thread.

The fish are biting and there's hogs to be kill-t. Gotta go!

Comment

LMOA!!! But the shoveler has blue on the wing! Doesn't that make it a blue wing teal if you shoot him during teal season?

That might work on a N Tx GW. We sat on the side of I20 for 30 minutes or more waiting on a supervisor 20 years ago to come identify a widgeon drake that was shot when pintail season wasn't open. It has a tail so it has to be a pintail!

Comment

Looking forward to it!

We were really, really dry this summer. We had 10” in May then it shut off. No significant rainfall in June, crazy bad. Nothing in July either until the last couple days of the month, and thank goodness we’ve had 9.5” since then with these couple little fronts. It definitely helped the soil moisture going into fall, but we need more.

Timely rain and weather will be the story as usual. If our rivers get to good levels, hunting will be good. Hoping that pressure lessens again this year. Definitely going to beat on the specs a few more times this year. I’ve started to really enjoy that hunting and we seem to have more specs every year.

We have a little “cold front” forecasted for next week that should bring some showers and highs in the low 80s. Wouldn’t be shocked to see a few teal, but we really don’t get that many blue wings in this area.

Comment

Looking forward to your assault on the teal FVR!
                            Last edited by Jet Black; 08-10-2022, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                              LMOA!!! But the shoveler has blue on the wing! Doesn't that make it a blue wing teal if you shoot him during teal season?

That might work on a N Tx GW. We sat on the side of I20 for 30 minutes or more waiting on a supervisor 20 years ago to come identify a widgeon drake that was shot when pintail season wasn't open. It has a tail so it has to be a pintail!
                              OK, that's pretty pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                              X