Thanks TBH and special guests

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TBH has caused me to make many good friends and allowed me to hunt and fish with quite of few of those and the list continues to grow.

I've been to two states to hunt or fish with a guys here. We've done javelina spot and stalk, wade fished bay systems from POC to the chandeluer Islands. Shot geese in Arkansas, shot fish in east and south Texas and drank beer over frying crappie. It's been a good time and I've enjoyed every minute of each adventure.

It's now extended to my son. Several here have met and done those same things with him. A few have gone above and beyond and have become part of his memories of "dads buddies from the internet". Rylan has been in Florida since August at Jacksonville University as a marine biology major and member of their shotgun team. I hadn't seen him since we dropped him off and mom only once for a shoot in Michigan.

Id already planned ahead and took two weeks off of work so he and I could hunt. I picked him up from the airport Wednesday and he grabbed his bow as soon as we got home to shoot. What he didn't know was we were headed to Mexico

Several of the members here and I are in a sometimes brutal group text that can be quite entertaining. Last week a hunt south of the border hunt was offered by a member due to a cancelation and unbelievably momma said take rylan and go. The kid actually had to think about it but it didn't take long to decide.

We rolled south Friday morning, crossed the border and made it in time to hunt. Everyone saw deer and we came back to camp. The next morning we split to different areas and not long after good light i get a text...."pew". Rylan tells me he shot a deer. I had no idea what he shot but I'd had seen plenty of good deer.

Meanwhile I'm in a blind with another hunter judging an 8 and making sure he has the right deer in the scope. Once the target deer is verified down goes a heck of an 8 but all I can think about is what my son had shot.

We make it back to camp and off we go to retrieve "curly Q". As soon as the buggies stop I can see white belly and tines over the cactus. Let's just say the words I had won't make the filter.

My son had dropped a deer larger than he has ever shot and quite possibly larger than I've shot in 40 years of deer hunting. All possible by thr gratitude of TBH.

Yet another epic adventure

With that, thanks TBH.

Thanks to Shane and those in the west matagorda crew, Glenn, Charlie, Chris(s), Mike and anyone else I missed. This memory would not be possible without it

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Awesome all the way around. TBH is a special place with great people.

Very nice. Big congrats to your son on his best buck.

Comment

Nice Buck. Congrats. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Congrats!

Comment

Heck yea, love it and congrats Rylan on heck of a deer.

He’s a great young man Ward.

Comment

Supercool! Congrats to all, gotta love those ole Mexico bucks

Comment

Congrats to Rylan! He is a Great young man. Have enjoyed the fishing trips with him. Mom & Dad raised him right!
              TBH is a special place. Met many good people on here!!

Comment

Congratulations to Rylan! That's an awesome trophy and an enviable event that very few will have the opportunity to enjoy.

Comment

Congrats Rylan. And you are right, so many good adventures with TBHers.

Comment

Good times! Congrats on one heck of a buck!

Comment

That is awesome!

Comment

Good stuff, I haven’t met a lot here, but those I have are always a class act.

Comment

That’s was greatness!!

Comment

Awesome story, congratulations to both of you!

Comment

Congrats on the buck! There are some great people on this site.

Comment

Working...
                              X