No announcement yet.

FFL Denying ID

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what’s your point here? You know all the answers to your own questions.

Sounds like ffl ain’t gonna bend because “ he knows you?” Imagine sending that in the paperwork. “Awww hell y’all… I know ol’ Clem’s DL is expired but I know him from another transaction. That ok with y’all? “

Dude has you by the huevos. So how you address it is however he says.

Comment

You only need your LTC, Just bought 2 pistols over the last month and that is all I showed either FFL

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
        He needs a copy of both for his purposes. Not just an LTC..

My FFL has only asked for my LTC. He’s never asked for my DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Every time I’ve bought a gun since I don’t know when I’ve been asked for both forms of ID. No problem if you stay up to date.

Comment

Dealer is holding the cards, you are gonna have to do what he wants.

Have you dealt with this dealer before?

I get your side but I get his side too

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
              My FFL has only asked for my LTC. He’s never asked for my DL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
              I’ve shared a couple FFL/SOTs and sat through an audit. It very well could be agent dependent, but I promise the agent we’ve had wanted both copies on file for CHL/LTC transfers.

As far as where is the law (OPs question) it doesn’t make a single bit of difference. He only cares about his licensing regulations, which don’t have to be law. Don’t like it then go somewhere else.

Comment

couple of thoughts.

do you know if he ran your LTC on the state site to confirm its validity? it could be saying no go.

you drove to his location without a valid DL.... you are a criminal and he don't transfer to criminals. haha.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

I’ve shared a couple FFL/SOTs and sat through an audit. It very well could be agent dependent, but I promise the agent we’ve had wanted both copies on file for CHL/LTC transfers.

As far as where is the law (OPs question) it doesn’t make a single bit of difference. He only cares about his licensing regulations, which don’t have to be law. Don’t like it then go somewhere else.
                  copies on file? you made copies of DL and LTC to keep on file?

Comment

Not to be a jerk, but he maintains an FFL, the paperwork, the hassle, I'm sure he's making money but it's also a huge liability on his part both financially and criminally so we can click a button and order a firearm or have a custom one off shipped near our home and go pick it up. I'd cut him some slack and go somewhere else next time if you didn't like the way he handled it, it's not his fault your driver's license is expired. I would imagine holding an FFL is about like being a cop these days, it just ain't worth the hassle.

Comment

Originally posted by duckmanep View Post
                      copies on file? you made copies of DL and LTC to keep on file?

Absolutely. Has to accompany the 4473.

Comment

I've had a couple of regular customers show up w/ expired DL's while waiting for their hard copy...simply got online & printed out the temp paper form / new expiration date is what I need.

Comment

Absolutely. Has to accompany the 4473.
                          Its not mandatory. Some license holders just choose to do it.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

So you messed up by letting your DL expire but somehow this is the FFL's fault? The man is doing what he thinks is right to protect himself whether you agree or not. I cant fault him for that. Im a big believer in root cause when analyzing a problem. The fact that you let your DL expire is the root cause of this problem.

Comment

Originally posted by landman650 View Post
                              My DL just expired and I was unaware of that and there was a hold on my renewal. It’ll take a few days to clear up the hold on my DL renewal. So there’s the why on the DL.

But that’s besides the point in the eyes of the law.
                              Originally posted by rtp View Post
                              So you messed up by letting your DL expire but somehow this is the FFL's fault? The man is doing what he thinks is right to protect himself whether you agree or not. I cant fault him for that. Im a big believer in root cause when analyzing a problem. The fact that you let your DL expire is the root cause of this problem.

Where there's smoke there's fire.

Comment

Man, this one is on you. The guy literally keeps books that if kept wrong could possibly lead to Federal Prison time if not that, then a fine in the tens of thousands of dollars. You let your legal documentation expire and it is incumbent on him to make sure every transaction is 100% legit. I have always been asked for a DL and I’ve always given them my DL and LTC. Never had a problem.

Your only option here is to settle your own mistakes involving your DL and then hand it over to him when you get it renewed.

Comment

Working...
                                X