No announcement yet.

Gun season for grayson and collin counties

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess people think the big deer in Grayson County fell out of the sky. Are there as many big deer in Fannin Co or Cooke? I didn’t think so. I guess Grayson has different genetics than any other county in the State?
    The only reason the quality of deer are killed in Grayson and Hagerman is the entire county in bow only. No three month long gun season. Age is what makes Grayson Co so special. A gun season would wipe the quality out in one or two years. This is what makes it so special!

Comment

Originally posted by Milkfisher View Post
      I’d be bummed if they opened a rifle season in Grayson. It would prob increase my property value though. As a recreational place it would be more interesting to people that don’t bow hunt.
      As a broker that sells a lot of ranches and hunting properties I can tell you that the property values in Grayson County are ENHANCED by the rifle hunting restriction. Grayson County deer are well known throughout the state because of their size and age structure. Allowing rifle hunting will certainly degrade the number of mature animals harvested in the long run. Within two years of allowing rifle hunting, Grayson County will no longer be in the conversation of which is the best County in the state to harvest a Booner.

Comment

Originally posted by DonBell1144 View Post
        As a broker that sells a lot of ranches and hunting properties I can tell you that the property values in Grayson County are ENHANCED by the rifle hunting restriction. Grayson County deer are well known throughout the state because of their size and age structure. Allowing rifle hunting will certainly degrade the number of mature animals harvested in the long run. Within two years of allowing rifle hunting, Grayson County will no longer be in the conversation of which is the best County in the state to harvest a Booner.
        I can only agree with this.

Comment

I am a born and raised, life long Grayson resident and avid gun hunter. I pray to never see a gun season here.

Comment

Does Grayson county have rules limiting recreational shooting on private property? Min acreage or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Hornfan View Post
              There are over 200 counties in Texas where you can hunt with a gun! You think it’s smart to shoot a 300 mag in the suburban areas of north Collin? Plus you can use a crossbow in these counties. No one is being limited from hunting and it has zero affect on future hunting numbers.

Most municipalities have individual ordnance’s regarding the discharge of weapons within city limits.

Not everyone wants to hunt with a bow or crossbow so yes it does have an effect.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
              X