No announcement yet.

Nosy people

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Probably city people moving to the country. Had almost the same exact thing happen. Burning a pile and the VFD showed up because someone called in a fire. They wanted me to sign a paper stating they came out and checked everything. I told them I’m not signing anything and to go see whoever called them to sign it.

Comment

Probably a demo$&@“.

Comment

You should have told the guy to just ordered a ambulance while he had 911 on the line.

Comment

Yea he was way out of line.. He sounds like a real winner...

Comment

Without knowing all the details, that dude was the one out of line and breaking the law. I will say, if the "brush pile" was "large", it's a good idea to call the local fire department (or sheriff office) and give them a heads up to thwart unnecessary resources being sent to investigate

Comment

Our county asks that we notify the Sheriff's office before burning. I don't do that when I light the burn barrel but will call for a brush pile. My neighbors have been great to deal with. We have had the occasional busy body driving down the highway a mile and a half away come see what is going on. I don't much appreciate that. Read the TCEQ rules on outdoors burning some time and you will see that most brush pile burns are not allowed.

Comment

You handled it well, OP.
                Probably better than I would have.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                  I got suspended from Catholic grade school for lighting matches. Dang nun just couldn’t mind her own business.
                  And theres where it went downhill folks

Comment

Originally posted by 60 Deluxe View Post
                    Our county asks that we notify the Sheriff's office before burning. I don't do that when I light the burn barrel but will call for a brush pile. My neighbors have been great to deal with. We have had the occasional busy body driving down the highway a mile and a half away come see what is going on. I don't much appreciate that. Read the TCEQ rules on outdoors burning some time and you will see that most brush pile burns are not allowed.

oh well, I guess I'm supposed to just let it lay and rot. They can come help watch my 20 ft. flames.

Comment

Originally posted by steve morton View Post
                      Sounds like a real Richard.
                      Fixed it for you............................lol

"Sounds like a real Steve"

Rwc

Comment

Probably from Cali.

Comment

Originally posted by Fishndude View Post
                          I got suspended from Catholic grade school for lighting matches. Dang nun just couldn’t mind her own business.
                          This explains a lot. I had you pegged for a serial arson choir boy right off the bat.
                          Last edited by ThisLadyHunts; 10-14-2021, 07:33 AM.

Comment

sounds like all the city folks that moved into our area (subdivision well outside of city limits) and started complaining as soon as they moved out there about kids riding 4 wheelers around the neighborhood... they also complained about fireworks on the 4th of july... I put up with it for a year and built a house further out. bunch of karens!

Comment

People just need to mind their own business.

Comment

Can’t stand DBs like that!

Comment

Working...
                                X