No announcement yet.

New Helix Ranch lake project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks great! Can you get the water off the timber when it’s not duck season?

Comment

Originally posted by Aqckdude View Post
      Ver nice man!
      Thanks!!

Originally posted by rvd View Post
      Looks great! Can you get the water off the timber when it’s not duck season?
      I can not. It’s all connected.

One of the other projects is building a dam across my slough. There I will be able to drain in the summer and flood in the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by Chase This! View Post
        Thanks!!

I can not. It’s all connected.

One of the other projects is building a dam across my slough. There I will be able to drain in the summer and flood in the winter.
        Gotcha, we’ve killed most of our standing timber keeping the water on em too long. What county are you in?

Comment

Looks awesome...congrats! Estimated time frame to reach / grow 10 lb bass?

You taking Jimbo fishing at the Helix ranch?

Comment

Originally posted by RINCON View Post
            Looks awesome...congrats! Estimated time frame to reach / grow 10 lb bass?

You taking Jimbo fishing at the Helix ranch?
            Thank you!!

The company who is helping with this tells us these fish should gain 2 pounds per year. We put some 3’s in, so maybe 2024-2025.

Comment

Looks great! I am stocking some pure Florida fingerlings in 2 weeks to introduce some genetic diversity in our lake.

Curious....you said you are stocking pure F1's. F1's are the hybrid Northern x Florida crosses (Tiger Bass) which grow very large in their own right. Pure Florida's are F0 strain so I'm curious which strain you are stocking. Good luck!

Comment

What part of the state did you purchase your ranch in? Huge congrats on the place and the fishing will be off the hook. If you were real Gangsta you would some how get the sporty in the there for one pic! It would go viral.

Keep posting the progress this is greatness.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow! That’s awesome. Our goal is 10 pounds. I think we’ll get there. 17 is insane! Good on them!
                  Yessir it is. I can’t imagine handling a bass that size. Time effort is all you need! I bet y’all can get to 10 pretty easy. Post some more progress pics and info along the way if you don’t mind. I like following a thread like this

Comment

Beautiful Place!!

Comment

Originally posted by manwitaplan View Post
                      What part of the state did you purchase your ranch in? Huge congrats on the place and the fishing will be off the hook. If you were real Gangsta you would some how get the sporty in the there for one pic! It would go viral.

Keep posting the progress this is greatness.

Angleton. 25 minutes from the boat and 25 minutes from the house.

Comment

Very nice!!! Fun project!!

Comment

This is cool. Do you have an aerial view of the lake?

Comment

Angleton. 25 minutes from the boat and 25 minutes from the house.

Sounds like you hit a home run. Trophy bass in the morning and trophy swords that evening. [emoji106][emoji106]

Comment

Reminds me how I grew up. This will be something your kids will never forget. Congrats on a successful set up! Awesome.

Comment

Originally posted by MLank View Post
                                This is cool. Do you have an aerial view of the lake?
                                I don’t. Need to break out my drone. I’ll get on that.

Comment

Working...
                                X