No announcement yet.

Tiger Woods: Does Anybody Even Care?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is an interesting read..I remember when he switched to Nike..I thought then that is was a big mistake(I know he cashed in from time,to time) Multiple coaches,caddies,and equipment trades messed with his confidence...Bad back,please..Ask any athlete how their back is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Comment

Just Go Away!!!

Now here he is showing up at the Presidents Cup. Why??? Just crawl back under your pill bottles and let the golfers be. I'm sure they have to put on a facade around you. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with you now???

Comment

Originally posted by Rack Ranch View Post
        Now here he is showing up at the Presidents Cup. Why??? Just crawl back under your pill bottles and let the golfers be. I'm sure they have to put on a facade around you. Who in their right mind would want to be associated with you now???

He was invited by Stricker to be an assistant captain this week.

I don't see any harm in it one way or the other and most of the US team grew up admiring Tiger and his accomplishments during his prime. Spieth, Reed, Thomas, Kopeka etc.

Comment

Do you think that admiration still exist?
          Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post
          He was invited by Stricker to be an assistant captain this week.

I don't see any harm in it one way or the other and most of the US team grew up admiring Tiger and his accomplishments during his prime. Spieth, Reed, Thomas, Kopeka etc.

Comment

Admiration for his accomplishments as one of the greatest athletes in the history of sport? Absolutely.

Sure he made mistakes and has had to deal with those mistakes but I guarantee Jordan and the rest of those kids still look at him just as we all did when he was winning week after week for so long.

Funny enough, I wasn't even much of a Tiger fan until late in his career and everything else transpired.

Comment

Yes, Justin Thomas just had dinner with tiger after he won the PGA championship. People make mistakes and are forgiven he does great work with his foundation and business.

Comment

Originally posted by bdchorn View Post
                You're missing the point. I love Jordan but he doesn't even move the needle with manufacturers and consumers the way Tiger does/did. None of these guys do. No one ever has.

That's not my opinion. Its fact.
                This ^^^^^

And no one will ever influence the game the way he did ever again. Tiger created the largest influx in the golfing world the likes we will never see again. We all like Jordan, Ricky and Jason (just to name a few) however, Tiger is the reason these guys picked up the sticks.

Comment

Can you explain why Stricker and the rest of the crew wouldn't want the greatest golfer of their generation around this week?

And absolutely the admiration remains. Every kid on this squad wanted to be Tiger and they are striving to be half the golfer he was.

Comment

One of my very close friends is caddying this week for a player on the International Team. Even those guys admire Tiger still to this day and welcome him in every scenario.

I think Tiger does it just so he can wear an earpiece and look like a SS agent [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Kmart49 View Post

I think Tiger does it just so he can wear an earpiece and look like a SS agent [emoji23]
                      So much truth is this.....dude is obsessed with the Seals.

Comment

I hope nothing happens that makes having him there a distraction. But on the other hand, the other side needs to win one for a change.
                        Has he owned what happened this last time and came forth with a public apology?

Comment

Maybe they will stop dropping his name after they stop talking about Arnold and Jack.

Comment

This comment doesn't make sense to me. Are you just stirring the pot or what? That's like comparing Ben Roethlisberger to Roger Staubach.
                            Originally posted by kdkane1971 View Post
                            Maybe they will stop dropping his name after they stop talking about Arnold and Jack.

Comment

I hope nothing happens that makes having him there a distraction. But on the other hand, the other side needs to win one for a change.
                              Has he owned what happened this last time and came forth with a public apology?

He was an assistant for last years US Ryder Cup team without issue so I don't see any reason why it would be any different this week.

Comment

This comment doesn't make sense to me. Are you just stirring the pot or what? That's like comparing Ben Roethlisberger to Roger Staubach.
                                What part doesn't make sense? He second only to Jack in Majors and has more tour wins than both. If you are talking about the off the course issues, then that is another topic all together. IMO

Comment

Working...
                                X