Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charles View Post
    Or a PFD while underway. It's mindbogglingly
    If you wear a inflatable PFD you have to wear it 100% of the time unless you have the necessary PFDs in the boat. Game warden on Travis ticketed me for this.
    Jeff Young

Comment

Ouch you need to wear it

Comment

Originally posted by jyoung View Post
        If you wear a inflatable PFD you have to wear it 100% of the time unless you have the necessary PFDs in the boat. Game warden on Travis ticketed me for this.
        Yep!

I believe it was at last years big bass tournament on Rayburn a bunch of folks found out about this the hard way like you did.

I'm not a fan of the inflatables, so the good old fashioned ones are in my boat anyways.

Comment

My cousin lost his leg to a prop after a similar accident on Lake Houston during a crappiethon tournament. Almost bled to death. Dr. Red Duke saved him. He's doing fine now with a prosthetic....but life changing stuff in one inattentive second.

Comment

kill switch being against the law will come into play Sept 1st. Right now it is not required. Inflatable PFD has to be worn to be legal. Regular type 3 just has to be on vessel. I still don't know how a wake surfer or water skier is not required to wear a PFD as long as there is one in the boat for them.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              kill switch being against the law will come into play Sept 1st. Right now it is not required. Inflatable PFD has to be worn to be legal. Regular type 3 just has to be on vessel. I still don't know how a wake surfer or water skier is not required to wear a PFD as long as there is one in the boat for them.
              I believe they have to no matter what. When I was into wakeboarding around 13 years ago that was the law. They sold some life jackets that didn't meet coast guard standards, they weren't as thick so you could move more, but even those were against the law to use on most lakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                Why is it that I ALWAYS remember to wear my kill switch, but ALWAYS forget to take it off???
                I couldn't believe my new boat would not crank on Fork a couple of weeks ago...... Until Zach pointed to the kill switch hanging from my vest

Comment

Hunt In: Kennard,anywhere else I can mooch
                  Quote:
                  Originally Posted by glen View Post
                  I believe they have to no matter what. When I was into wakeboarding around 13 years ago that was the law. They sold some life jackets that didn't meet coast guard standards, they weren't as thick so you could move more, but even those were against the law to use on most lakes.

Not the case. All you have to do is have a Type 3 on the vessel for the person being towed. The skier, wake boarder, etc are considered put if the vessel. Only exception is if towing with PWC then it is required to be worn just as you are riding the PWC. I know does not make sense to me either

Comment

Well I'll be. Crazy that someone being pulled doesn't need a life jacket on.

Comment

Originally posted by krausejmk View Post
                      Wow, looks like the guy who jumped in is the original driver. Minus his shades and dignity
                      yes original driver.. the look on his face after throttling down was priceless

Comment

Originally posted by WesTex1 View Post
                        They both had one on that inflated, I don’t understand why reporters or writers can’t do their homework before they submit articles, especially since the original driver was the one who jumped back on the boat
                        No kidding. Talk about bad reporting.

Originally posted by ttaxidermy View Post
                        The need for speed while in fishing boats has reached a ridiculous level.. NO 24-25' fishing boat should ever be rated for a 300HP..
                        Careful, you're starting to sound like a libtard with that "No one needs" talk

Comment

Life lessons as a 10 year old from my dad:
                          1- Life jacket
                          2- kill switch
                          3- never let go of steering wheel one hand always on it
                          4- never turn more than 1/2 steering wheel at speed

Comment

Originally posted by Chance Love View Post
                            Why is it that I ALWAYS remember to wear my kill switch, but ALWAYS forget to take it off???

I'm in this club as well.

Comment

Working...
                            X