No announcement yet.

2019 Saltwater Fishing Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm not cleared yet from my hand crap. But I should be back to fishing and things by the end of the month. Would like to link up with some of y'all if you have room.

We have our summer workouts monday-thursday evenings. So I'm basically free Thursday night through Monday mornings. Usually I've already got 3-4 trips in by now. Killing me!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Anyone fish the surf in corpus? Thinking of going the 29 or 30th if anyone else is wanting to go and weather looks right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea, soon as I get cleared after my little incision on Monday, I'm gonna be back working on a trip!

Comment

Originally posted by gigem95 View Post
          I might be able to fish Tuesday jf anyone ends up staying and fishing. Won’t be there Monday though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Tried to send you a pm, your inbox is full. Shoot me a txt 210-247-7200,chris.

If you are able to fish Tuesday let me know and I’ll stay Ill help with fuel and bait or anything else.

Comment

For clarification, yall are talking about Monday June 24?

Comment

Originally posted by marshhunter View Post
              For clarification, yall are talking about Monday June 24?
              No this coming Monday the 17

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                with 2 boats wading we have room for a couple more I would think
                If you don't stay the night we can meet someplace and I can pull your boat if you want. Otherwise jabroni and will roll and meet yall at the harbor

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by coldgas View Post
                  Poc

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
                  You're fine mostly except there's one area they call "the hump" I wouldn't have a stringer attached as there's always lots of reports of people losing their stringer to sharks. I doubt you'll be fishing there though. Watch the gator that hangs around lighthouse down to army hole, lol... seriously a guy got taken under by it last year I think, maybe year before. Sounds like you guys will be on the other side though over in West Matty. Greens area maybe? Do the stingray shuffle wherever you are and have a little bottle of hibiclens in your bag for cuts.

Comment

Originally posted by bboswell View Post
                    Don't worry about sharks but do get Ray Guards for at least the boy.
                    Originally posted by Mexico View Post
                    If you're wading get Ray Guards! Cheap Insurance!

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
                    Will do thanks.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Comment

We'll be heading to Matagorda for the first time at the end of the month. The rent house is about 2 mi up river from jetty park. What kind of fishing can we expect from the dock on the river? I was also wondering if we'd be able to catch a few blue crab from said dock? Thanks in advance for your insight.

Comment

Originally posted by JKCASEY View Post
                        We'll be heading to Matagorda for the first time at the end of the month. The rent house is about 2 mi up river from jetty park. What kind of fishing can we expect from the dock on the river? I was also wondering if we'd be able to catch a few blue crab from said dock? Thanks in advance for your insight.
                        Crabs no problem, string and chicken necks... also have a good net. As for fishing and you just want to catch fish I'd throw shrimp and a popping cork, or gulp with a popping cork.

Comment

Does anybody have any insight on a good place to take the kids snapper fishing offshore out of Galveston or Freeport?

Comment

Crabs no problem, string and chicken necks... also have a good net. As for fishing and you just want to catch fish I'd throw shrimp and a popping cork, or gulp with a popping cork.

Heck, much water as is comin' down the river, shrimp on the bottom should yield some nice Blue Cats!

Comment

Originally posted by SaltwaterSlick View Post
                              Heck, much water as is comin' down the river, shrimp on the bottom should yield some nice Blue Cats!
                              You right, but I'd imagine by the end of the month that river would get some act right

Comment

You right, but I'd imagine by the end of the month that river would get some act right

Man, hope you're right! I been sayin' that about the Trinity for 9 months now!! Ain't happened yet! and looks like it's gonna be a while still...

Comment

Working...
                                X