No announcement yet.

Fishing etiquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wasnt there a guide in Rockport that got KO'd on the water a few years back for potlicking a group that didnt appreciate it? Heard that the guy that swung on him was nice enough to help him back into his own boat, then suggest his paying clients get a refund.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
      Wasnt there a guide in Rockport that got KO'd on the water a few years back for potlicking a group that didnt appreciate it? Heard that the guy that swung on him was nice enough to help him back into his own boat, then suggest his paying clients get a refund.
      I’d like to hear that story

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
        I remember that, but if I remember correctly there was more to it than simple pot licking. I seem to remember the dude being a world class jack hole.

Comment

Originally posted by chase15 View Post
          Thats the dumbest ***** i ever read
          This !!!!! And this boys and girls is why we don’t have big fish. Throw the big ones back to breed.

Comment

Many years ago I took a friend fishing at Colorado Bend State Park during the white bass run. Tons of fishermen spread out all over the shallow rapids fishing the slightly noisy flowing clear water....

Until my buddies two sons 8 and 10 years old muddy the water up for everyone down river...and proceed screaming and yelling and fighting like only two little brothers could do. And I mean they fought, screamed all in that water with their Dad telling them to calm down once in a while LOL

I KNOW there are more than a handful of guys that tell that story to each other about rude people

Comment

Originally posted by Bassbuster View Post
              This !!!!! And this boys and girls is why we don’t have big fish. Throw the big ones back to breed.
              When I was running trips if a customer caught a Striper over 15lbs I would tell them I will knock $100 off if you take pics and release. Most did

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                I think the poor etiquette is a product of a sense of entitlement, our changing culture due to the beginning of overcrowding, and 'why not me, everyone else does it'. it a shame. I've been wadefishing exclusively for speckled trout over 30 years, and get to fish 80-120 days per year... up until jan 1 or 2018, I released every trout that I thought had any chance of surviving....I brought enough home that were tore up from trebles to have all the fish we could ever eat.... last few years I got so exhausted from the crowds(I only fish during the week), poor etiquette, and having to listen to everyone's radios out on the water I started filleting every fish I caught.. the 1st few 27-31" trout I filleted made me sick to my stomach, and I had a hard time sleeping for a few nights.. now I don't want to leave any for the masses.. I know it's not right, but I just can't release a big trout for some **** to catch later, out of a boat he financed for 20 years, or his dad's, knowing he never learned how to find a fish on his own, and only throws croakers. then shows his catch off on some social media page and tells his coworkers he caught them on topwaters...... yeah, I know way too many youngsters like that....

I miss the days when I could land 6-8 27+" trout per year in east matty, another 10 or so from Baffin.... those days will never return

Dumbest **** ever posted, don’t approve of the people so you kill the fish....... that’ll show em

Comment

Fishing etiquette....

Originally posted by jaker_cc View Post
                  Dumbest **** ever posted, don’t approve of the people so you kill the fish....... that’ll show em

I bet he kills the bucks before his neighbors do also.

I’ve cleaned fish 4 or 5 times in the last 14 years. You could double that amount for the few times I’ve been on a guided trip offshore or had someone else clean them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Last edited by Black Ice; 06-08-2019, 11:55 PM.

Comment

I didn’t think there Was anything worse than public land duck hunting. guess it could be worse
                    Last edited by Jcjohnson; 06-09-2019, 12:13 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by skeeterboud View Post
                      I think the poor etiquette is a product of a sense of entitlement, our changing culture due to the beginning of overcrowding, and 'why not me, everyone else does it'. it a shame. I've been wadefishing exclusively for speckled trout over 30 years, and get to fish 80-120 days per year... up until jan 1 or 2018, I released every trout that I thought had any chance of surviving....I brought enough home that were tore up from trebles to have all the fish we could ever eat.... last few years I got so exhausted from the crowds(I only fish during the week), poor etiquette, and having to listen to everyone's radios out on the water I started filleting every fish I caught.. the 1st few 27-31" trout I filleted made me sick to my stomach, and I had a hard time sleeping for a few nights.. now I don't want to leave any for the masses.. I know it's not right, but I just can't release a big trout for some **** to catch later, out of a boat he financed for 20 years, or his dad's, knowing he never learned how to find a fish on his own, and only throws croakers. then shows his catch off on some social media page and tells his coworkers he caught them on topwaters...... yeah, I know way too many youngsters like that....

I miss the days when I could land 6-8 27+" trout per year in east matty, another 10 or so from Baffin.... those days will never return

Trolling....

Comment

It really is sad how discourteous people are... Happens dang near everytime I’m on Rayburn

Comment

Originally posted by BBRU View Post
                          It really is sad how discourteous people are... Happens dang near everytime I’m on Rayburn

I hope to experience that one day[emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Black Ice View Post
                            I hope to experience that one day[emoji23]

Name a time....

Comment

Working...
                            X