Quepos, Costa Rica

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quepos, Costa Rica

My girlfriend and I are headed to Quepos, CR Saturday morning until Thursday night. She loves being offshore so we have two fishing days booked. Looking for cool places to eat, local bars, and any cool tours that are less on the touristy side. Anyone that’s been there please chime in and help us out

We have stayed in Dominical, just a short drive down the road. I assume you will have a rental car? If so, drive down to Dominical and eat at the Jolly Roger Bar. It is owned by an American couple that moved down there years ago and is AMAZING!!! Beautiful view and GREAT food and drinks!

Comment

The Jolly Roger has already been added to our list for our trip to Dominical later this summer.

Comment

The hotel we are staying in is supposed to be super nice but we like to get out and see the place we are visiting

Comment

We were there about 2 weeks ago. The air plane has pretty good food. Be sure you take rain jackets your gonna get rained on just about every day this tome of year.

Comment

Chuckfu will reply in just a bit I’m sure. He has a House right there and knows all the good spots. He will be the guy...stay tuned!

Comment

Take some of your fish to the Runaway Grill in the marina. They do a great job. We usually take tuna for appetizers and snapper or mahi for the main course. Get them to cook it several ways and make sure one is the baked parmesean fish. And have em do the tuna half and half sashimi and tataki.

Hit one of the sodas for breakfast. I think we went to Soda Sanchez last trip and it was good.

Honestly every place we have eaten there has been good. The prices are all over the place, though.

Comment

Ronny’s Place has great food, and is an awesome spot to watch the sunset. Runaway Grill has a nice bar and great food. There are several bars in Manuel Antonio. Not too crowded during the week.

Comment

On the days you fish there is a little store in the harbor that has a grill and makes really solid breakfast burritos. It's right where they set up to sell fishing licenses in the mornings.

Comment

Another good one but a little more upscale is La Luna in the Hotel Gaia. Nice place and good food and cocktails.

Comment

You are going to love it there. The fishing was pretty great.

Comment

I’m super excited to get down there. Costa Rica has been on my short list for a long time

Comment

I can't wait to get back. The dish "Gallo Pinto" was my favorite. I have attempted many times to replicate it here and I cannot get it right. I bought a Costa Rican SIM card for my unlocked iPhone and had a local number with cell data.

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Comment

Working...
                              X