• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Javelin View Post
    Teen drinking Is actually at an all time low

Several studies show it's easier to get weed than alcohol
    What’s legal age for weed?

Comment

Surprised so many here are happy to see the government taking away our freedoms

Comment

I'll be darned, quit in 2011 and one of the best decisions I ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
          They need to move the age that you can join the military or vote then. If you're not mature enough to know what tobacco can do to you at 18 you don't need to be making choices to go fight or war or who's leading our country.
          Agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
            Another erosion to personally liberty.

Welcome to a broadened nanny state.

The real hypocrisy is it was passed and signed for by so called “conservatives”.

This. You are either an adult are you aren’t. Let’s move the legal age to 35 to buy a gun while they are at it. All of yal’ll were pizzed when D&cks decided not to sell guns to people under 21 but you are okay with making 21 the legal age for tobacco? Jeez, you can vote at 18 and that has more influence on your life that if some kid is smoking a cigarette.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by MBV77 View Post

Those are the first 2 pines that you come to on 56 about a half mile off of 82.

Yes. Thank you for the picture. My grandparents house was there and there was also a motel next door. Their house was one of the first brick homes in Texas. My name is Robert Thomas and I still have relatives in town. Is the soda fountain still open downtown?

Comment

Pretty dumb honestly. Teens are gonna get it. The same way they get alcohol now. I agree with they should move the voting age and age to join the military to 21 now. OR keep it at 18 and give them the rights to use tobacco and vote and also consume and purchase alcohol IF they’re in the military. If you’re old enough to die for this country you’re old enough to drink imo, but only if you’re in the military. I’m 21, been dipping since I was 14. I can tell you it wasn’t hard to get it then. It wasn’t hard to get alcohol in highschool either. Doesn’t affect me in anyway but I still think it’s dumb. More things to worry about than tobacco products

Comment

Originally posted by okrattler View Post
                  They need to move the age that you can join the military or vote then. If you're not mature enough to know what tobacco can do to you at 18 you don't need to be making choices to go fight or war or who's leading our country.
                  Mic drop, close thread.

Comment

The age to buy beer when I was in high school was 21. We could always find some beer some way eventually. I didn’t smoke pot, but I could have bought enough for a weekend at lunch on Friday, it was a lot harder to get beer.

Comment

Ridiculous law.

This is not going to stop any kids from getting snuff or cigarettes if they want them. When I dipped it was not hard to get before I turned 18, and neither was beer or weed.

Comment

I'm sure these are the same lawmakers who are against gambling and weed legalization. Protecting us against ourselves.

Comment

Originally posted by Greenheadless View Post
                          Another erosion to personally liberty.

Welcome to a broadened nanny state.

The real hypocrisy is it was passed and signed for by so called “conservatives”.
                          I have to agree. At some point we either declare that adults are not responsible for their actions, change the legal age of adulthood to 21 or we let adults make mistakes and pay the consequences. But if we choose the latter route we have to quit allowing people to get away with lawsuits that attempt to make up for their bad choices.

Our Government (Federal or State) should not be in a position to tell us what we (as adults) can or cannot consume. But I shouldn't be able to sue McDonalds, Phillip Morris or Brown-Forman for decades of bad choices.

Comment

Originally posted by kae006 View Post
                            Surprised so many here are happy to see the government taking away our freedoms
                            My thoughts exactly when I see these threads.

Last time, I made a comment about doing away with the law regarding liquor sales on Sunday. I was arguing for less "government" and was called, by a so-called conservative, a "hippie" and told to go "back to CA if you don't like our laws in Texas." …. Ohhh the irony.

Comment

Your obviously a smoker ; )

Comment

Originally posted by BlackHogDown View Post
                                My thoughts exactly when I see these threads.

Last time, I made a comment about doing away with the law regarding liquor sales on Sunday. I was arguing for less "government" and was called, by a so-called conservative, a "hippie" and told to go "back to CA if you don't like our laws in Texas." …. Ohhh the irony.
                                I don't smoke, never have. I don't want my son to smoke, and I hope he hasn't. I think smoking is one of the worst things a person can do to themselves, very close to suicide. However, I don't think it should be outlawed in any way, and I think that it's wrong to tax something that the government thinks is so bad. I, like you, don't see how the Sunday laws haven't been repealed by the legislature, if not the courts. I'm a Christian, but I'm not naïve enough to the think banning alcohol sales on Sunday stops one person from drinking on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X