Looking for someone to spray palmetto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for someone to spray palmetto

I’m looking to get my land sprayed for palmettos. I attempted to sort it out last year, but didn’t have a lot of luck locally.

I have 12 acres in Brazoria that I want to spray with Cimarron Max to kill off some palmetto growth. There are large trees, so a large boom sprayer won’t work.

Does anyone know someone who’s got the equipment and willing to do it? I’m looking to get this done in September.

Pot some diesel on them individually and come back once they are dead and pull them up. That’s what I did periodically since I’ve had my property. Close to 15 acres now palmetto free.

Comment

Someone with a boom less spray right would work, I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
        Pot some diesel on them individually and come back once they are dead and pull them up. That’s what I did periodically since I’ve had my property. Close to 15 acres now palmetto free.
        That would be a crap ton of diesel for my place. From research Cimarron kills them and gets them gone for good at a reasonable price.

How did you apply it to your palmettos?

Comment

Anyone else?

Comment

Originally posted by 12RingKing View Post
            Anyone else?

I’m interested in the same thing. Now I’m being over run by nut grass, after Harvey.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I'd suggest cutting them at the base and spraying your herbicide on the cut stem. Much less spraying, and they'll be easier to monitor and re-treat through the fall.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                My mom has 6 acres in Brazoria. We did the same thing when I was growing up. Still no palmetto. I hated those things.

Comment

So a boom sprayer won't work because there are too many trees. What about an ATV / UTV boom sprayer? You'd have to make sure you could drive a consistent speed to properly calculate the application rate, but it is easy enough to do.

Comment

Working...
                  X