No announcement yet.

2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good deal chief! They flipped our tourney to there next weekend because of Roberts being 5' high and most the ramps closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I saw that. We were in the Richland arm. 12-20 FOW submerged and standing timber using Livescope. Find a few, catch a few and move on. Never found anything loaded up. Lots of smaller fish and yellow bass. Livescope was a plus not fishing structure that wasn't holding fish.
      Last edited by chief262; 06-05-2019, 04:13 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=bakin7005;14182872]Which end of the lake? My sister lives way up on the north end and I told her she'd probably have to travel down south east to find a mess like this. I don't know the lake at

We were in the Richland arm. 12-20 FOW submerged and standing timber using Livescope. Find a few, catch a few and move on. Never found anything loaded up. Lots of smaller fish and yellow bass.

Comment

My buddy Charles brought a couple of fine you fellows along for a scouting trip for a paid trip tomorrow. The fish had moved off the brush and we found them in standing timber in 30’ of water right in the top of the trees. The boys hammered fish all afternoon.
          Click image for larger version

Name:	4FB29D59-0AAB-440B-8620-211EBB7C7B07.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	99.1 KB
ID:	24580931

Name:	1474F1E8-C619-4D78-9A6C-088E59F9C6BA.jpeg
Size:	130.9 KB
ID:	24580932

Name:	9B48A3E8-5189-4EAC-AF24-E9E970DFCEAA.jpeg
Views:	2
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	24580933

Comment

Love them big ol white crappie! Hopefully have a cooler this afternoon if I can get work out the way first!!

Comment

We FINALLY got together with Slew for a crappie trip that he donated and I won in a raffle and it was an absolutely great trip! Slew’s boat is set up perfectly for crappie fishing and he did a great job teaching my son how to fish using the Garmin Livescan. It took me most of the first hour to learn where and what I was looking at and it was a really cool, new way to fish. If you get a chance to fish with Livescan (or even better with Todd and his Livescan) jump on it! You could pitch a 1/8 oz jig out and watch it fall to the crappie suspended in timber and target individual fish out of a school. We started throwing fish back after about 2.5 hours because the 45 quart cooler wouldn’t hold anymore fish!

It was the most fun I have had fishing in a long time and my son enjoyed it even more than me.

Last edited by Cantcatch5; 06-08-2019, 01:37 PM.

Comment

Congrats on the cooler full! Slew is a good feller.

Was it a Livescan? Or LiveScope?

Comment

LOL, just reread my post and I guess I was combining Side scan with Livescope...I know better. Must have been having an overheated moment. I have been outside working in the mud and humidity and must have had a dain bramage!

Comment

That's understandable . And part of the reason I don't fish in the heat anymore. I've lost enough of my mind as it is.

Comment

Yup, they are biting...limit from the kayak.
                      Attached Files

Comment

Got my azz woop on Conroe had 7

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by jeremy360 View Post
                          Yup, they are biting...limit from the kayak.
                          Congrats on a great mess of. Fish

Comment

I had Brooklee and Derrick on the new boat this morning and as neither had ever crappie fished before we had a little bit of a learning curve. We still ended up with a fine mess of fish. We caught them in 15 foot of water on gray jigs.

Name:	18A9B56F-D9C1-4366-9600-0F5ECD003335.jpeg
Size:	158.6 KB
ID:	24581051

Name:	3B5E4189-66B4-4892-A2E0-AB9BA10B95A1.jpeg
Size:	132.0 KB
ID:	24581052

Name:	BDB602E7-D47C-40D1-B3B9-746C70B66358.jpeg
Size:	103.9 KB
ID:	24581053

Comment

Fine mess of fish Ladies and Gents!

Comment

Originally posted by Snowflake Killa View Post
                                Got my azz woop on Conroe had 7

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
                                Pm me next your going and I will drop you some pins on some timber we always catch em on

Comment

Working...
                                X