Fishing etiquette....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
    did someone do donuts around you last week?

That's all we did.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Heck I can't even catch a perch in my pond without the wife and kids casting their Zebco's all around me. I feel your pain.

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
        If your sons group was all legal they should have kept fishing and wait for the Game Warden. Once the game warden checked everything I would ask/tell the game warden I want to file an official complaint for sportsman harassment. Turn the table on the Jack Wagon

They already caught their limit. No sense in staying for that nut kick. Harassment would be almost impossible to prove in that instance.

Comment

Originally posted by droebuck View Post
          Now this is funny right here. Going to have to bring some extra saltines next time.
          I guy that I know used to run all over East Galveston Bay with a bottle of Wesson Oil making slicks. Said it really kept the vultures off of him.

Comment

Fritos works wonders. Plenty of oil to induce slicks, and will get the seagulls working. They are a staple of my October fishing.

Comment

When you are fishing the bay and someone is on your honey hole just drive about 500 yards away and throw out a hand full of popcorn. As soon as those birds hit that popcorn those guys will beeline right for it. I don't know if that would be considered improper etiquette but it works great.

Comment

Originally posted by jds247 View Post
                They really dont like it when they come flying in to pot lick you only to find out the birds that you are fishing are eating cheetos and your standing on your lure acting like you're fighting fish..
                LMAO! Gonna have to log this one in the trick book for future reference.

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                  They already caught their limit. No sense in staying for that nut kick. Harassment would be almost impossible to prove in that instance.
                  It maybe hard to prove but they are gonna get harassed by the Game Warden as well. Nothing wrong with catch and release.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoggslayer View Post
                    When you are fishing the bay and someone is on your honey hole just drive about 500 yards away and throw out a hand full of popcorn. As soon as those birds hit that popcorn those guys will beeline right for it. I don't know if that would be considered improper etiquette but it works great.
                    That works well on Buchanan. An old guides trick to get away from potlickers

Comment

I used to get mad and yell. Then I got to where I wouldn't say anything and just leave. Now I ask them where they're from, and regardless where they're from I tell them, "we don't do that around here".

Comment

I had an acquaintance (we'll call him Andrew) when I was in high school that like to fish as much as I did. I had some permission to fish some private tanks that were loaded up with bass and so one time I took the guy with me to fish. Next thing I know, he was potlicking my best fishing spot. Fast forward about a month or so and I brought a girl home one day. My dad recognized her and said, "Ain't that Andrew's girlfriend?". I told him it was but that I caught him fishing in my hole to which my dad quickly replied..."So now you're fishing in his?". Dad is still a funny guy.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                          Fritos works wonders. Plenty of oil to induce slicks, and will get the seagulls working. They are a staple of my October fishing.

Dang! You had Fritos in the boat?? I love Fritos!![emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by 220swift View Post
                            Seen a lot of that behavior in Rockport and Baffin. Unfortunately, many times it is a GUIDE doing it.

There is an idiot on Baffin that runs a Red boat that has rolled between two of us wade fishing not 25 yards apart twice. He had 3 guys with him the first time and 4 the second. Just burning shorelines not giving a crap. I’ve got a pocket full of weights waiting for him. He always runs towards the mouth so I’m thinking it’s a corpus guy.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                              Shhhhhh

Dont be giving away no secrets

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Comment

I just move on...because all it will end up doing is ruining my day even if I come out on top of the argument/fight I will still ponder it the rest of the day and not concentrate on anything else.
                                I have also 100% given up on the left lane as a speed lane. Thats not a battle worth fighting for anymore.

Comment

Working...
                                X