2019 Crappie thread!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lake Belton today

We had a good day today on the crappie. Most on minnows and some on jigs. Fish are 10-15’ deep in 40’ of water. We caught 57 and had a great time. The Fishing is getting better by the day, well maybe until this cold front?
    Attached Files

Comment

We did pretty good at Fork today. All in 2 -6 ftw. Most on jigs. No fish were unders. Will post pics in morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Cantcatch5 View Post
        So you now have Garmin, Humminbird and Lowrance on your front deck?m

Sadly no. Not on my front deck this trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Went old school this past weekend. Trip to central Ark. with 4 doz. yo yos. We caught around 50 with some big girls in there. Oxbow type water gave up 9 different species. Yo Yos are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rluckadoo View Post
            I’m new to Texas. Moved here from Jackson, MS. Any decent crappie lakes within an hour of Kerrville, TX. My boat sure would like to get in the water soon! Thanks in advance!
            Unfortunately, no. There are a few in Canyon, more in Choke.

Comment

anyone been to Tradinghouse lately?

Comment

Well be on Lake Fork in about an hour. I don't know what I'm doing, haven't caught a crappie in years and never have caught many, but we'll give it a shot.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Comment

Any tips on places to try this weekend within a few hours of houston? Only lake I'm extremely familiar with and have plenty of brush piles marked is Somerville, but I wouldn't mind trying somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

These little speckled fish tick me off I can’t figure them out...plus my partner won’t cooperate and follow the rules! We went to Palestine yesterday, I rigged him up a swim bait rod for bass and he caught this

Rigged him up a dropshot rod for bass and he caught this

Rigged him up a crappie rod and he caught this

...and on his other crappie rod he was casting at turtles and caught one!

We found water temps 4 degrees colder than they were on Sunday in Ledbetter. We did find some 62 degree water up north and watched a guy catching some crappie right on the bank.

Comment

I'm itching to get on the water bad. But the wind isn't good for my 17' bass tracker. I'm thinking about making a run up to Bonham for a while by myself since no one is off and wants to go with me.

Comment

We ended up with 30 from Williams Creek..Took 5 of us to get em between 3 docks. But most fish were caught between 1- 4 pm in 2 - 6 ft ftw. Water temp was 57.4
                        Only 2 fish this morning, today was slow for us. The wind won, my dock had straight line winds for 2 days. It gets old, unless fish are biting.

No unders caught but a few thrown back. Pictures dont do justice. The small ones are 12". We landed several 2s and most had eggs

They hit every color and some minnows. No magic bait, but dark blues seemed favorable.

Next week should be great.

Sean
                        Attached Files

Comment

2019 Crappie thread!!

We had a heck of a day!! Hopefully can duplicate it tomorrow!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonH View Post
                            Any tips on places to try this weekend within a few hours of houston? Only lake I'm extremely familiar with and have plenty of brush piles marked is Somerville, but I wouldn't mind trying somewhere else.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
                            Pretty easy to catch fish on Rayburn

Comment

Whoe Nelly!

The fish are biting, and there's hogs to be kilt. Gotta go!

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
                                We had a heck of a day!! Hopefully can duplicate it tomorrow!!!

A dream crappie for sure....
                                I am a little jealous of a 3 pounder

Congrats and hope you catch2 of them tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X