No announcement yet.

Please help score this Potential MONSTER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would shoot him just to take him out of the herd.

Comment

Big enough. Where I hunt he wouldn't make it to the next year whether I took him or not

Comment

50s or 60s I'd think. Tough to score being so non typical. Looks like a younger deer IMO

Comment

I don't see a young deer at all in those pics. I do see a 160" stud coming off of 4 years of incredible growing conditions and showing himself in the daylight. I'd shoot that deer in a second and I am one of 2 hunters on 1300 acres that hasn't shot a buck since 2015. Good luck and hope to see the ldp's

Comment

Low 50s looks only 4, ( no chin flap, no brisket, no bald knees )I wonder if he hit his right pedicle early? If so that side should return to normal next year.

Comment

My best estimate is between high 150s and low 160s.

Comment

I say take him out now!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                  Thanks for the comments! And we aren’t sure! We are going to check him out in person. What are your thoughts????
                  I am about an hour north of you. Send him up here! I will return him, tired but in good health. I would love to have some of those genetics in Brown County.

Comment

I figured mid 160s. I look to be a little high compared to others.

Comment

He looks real young. Passing him could result in a 180-190 buck

Comment

I hunt in Brady... that’s all I got lol

Comment

Originally posted by TejasNW View Post
                          I am about an hour north of you. Send him up here! I will return him, tired but in good health. I would love to have some of those genetics in Brown County.
                          Lmao!

Thanks for the responses. Hope i have some more pics for the green screen soon. I just keep thinking of what he could be next year! But alot of people we sent an arrow or bullet down range the moment he steps out.

Comment

Some concepts to consider:

Bucks peak at 6-7 yrs.
                            Don't look at antlers when estimating age.
                            That buck looks no more than 3 yrs (body), I'd say 2.
                            Regardless of what the neighbors do, If you kill him, 0% chance he makes another year.
                            200 inch deer are not as rare as they seem. Rather, what's rare is a deer of that quality making 6 yrs because people can't lay off.
                            Defensive hunting has prevented the development of many giant deer.

Good luck with whatever you decide! Hope you'll keep us up to date.

Comment

I would love to pass. Just not sure about others on my lease or my neighbors

Comment

Originally posted by SHSU18 View Post
                                I would love to pass. Just not sure about others on my lease or my neighbors
                                A friendly, non-challenging, conversation over burgers and beers would reveal the mystery. Chances are, they feel the same about you. One thing I've noticed, is that almost all hunters dream about and long to kill, as you said, a "Monster" deer. Lease members and neighbors can choose to make that happen or prevent it. Preventing it is easy and going on all over Texas. But making it happen requires effort, understanding, patience, humbleness, honesty, and above all - good communication.

It won't happen if you don't try.

Comment

Working...
                                X